Noob question about Western Cape road race calendar

Mamil

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who's gonna know  :ph34r:

Unfortunately new systems are getting integrated and on entry gets checked . . . . .  So some of the bigger event houses will soon know :-) :wacko: 

Unfortunately new systems are getting integrated and on entry gets checked . . . . .  So some of the bigger event houses will soon know :-) :wacko:

Has anyone in SA ever got in trouble for this? Unlikely that non-sanctioned events would be integrated in the "system" anyway. Also afaik just about any big event worth doing would be sanctioned...

Has anyone in SA ever got in trouble for this? Unlikely that non-sanctioned events would be integrated in the "system" anyway. Also afaik just about any big event worth doing would be sanctioned...

Last year most event was not.  this year I can see, CTCT mtb , 36one was/is not. Sure there many more.

Problem is, it cost money to have CSA guys hang around on race day (alot) so entry fees go up by at least R 35 just to get it sanctioned for low entrant count events.

Think someone did get in trouble somewhere.  Was on bikehub if I remember 

Last year most event was not.  this year I can see, CTCT mtb , 36one was/is not. Sure there many more.

Not so sure about "most" events? 36One is run by Dryland, their other events are sanctioned so not sure why this would be an exception, and see a number of big pro names on the CTCT results... 

Only time I recall this being an issue is when CSA & the Argus organisers had their little tiff.

Not so sure about "most" events? 36One is run by Dryland, their other events are sanctioned so not sure why this would be an exception, and see a number of big pro names on the CTCT results... 

Only time I recall this being an issue is when CSA & the Argus organisers had their little tiff.

Skubarra , topic drift .. but I might be wrong, but cannot find anything on either of their sites that they sanctioned and its not on the CSA website as listed event. (which according to CSA means its not).. 

But lets leave it as a warning that you can get in trouble if you ride a non sanctioned event on a racing license. :-)

Is the WACT race, this weekend, using the PPA seeding numbers or something different?

NOTES

Please remember your PPA road funride number and Racetec timing chip.

Problem is Racetec is chommies with CTCT, so when CSA asks for them to, at their own cost, check, charge OBO CSA for a license, it sorta falls on deaf ears. 

I was once asked at an ASG event and the Knysna race for it, I just sent my wife and a screaming toddler to collect race number and both times the ladies at desk just gave in and handed the number over regardless.

:P :P :P

I've got a couple of friends who race elites and they obviously all have CSA racing licenses, but they still race all of the PPA events as well. I'll have a chat to them and see how it all works.

Just curious, if I get a license, will I get one of those cool number boards to put on my bike? :P

But lets leave it as a warning that you can get in trouble if you ride a non sanctioned event on a racing license. :-)

You are right, in theory you could get in trouble (one month ban). But afaik this is not actively enforced or policed by CSA. A bit like the sleeveless shirt ban.

I've got a couple SNIP

Just curious, if I get a license, will I get one of those cool number boards to put on my bike? :P

Yes

But it comes with suffering and tears on your top tube ????

Yes

But it comes with suffering and tears on your top tube

Totally worth it! I've always wanted one of those :D

I've got a couple of friends who race elites and they obviously all have CSA racing licenses, but they still race all of the PPA events as well. I'll have a chat to them and see how it all works.

All PPA events are sanctioned.

All PPA events are sanctioned.

Oh ok I see. That makes sense. Oh well. I've never really been THAT into MTB, so no loss :D

This is not a problem I will need to contend with. What a relief.

Although I see I have some peanut butter hammer on my top tube - honestly, messy eater.

Skubarra , topic drift .. but I might be wrong, but cannot find anything on either of their sites that they sanctioned and its not on the CSA website as listed event. (which according to CSA means its not).. 

Archived