Amashova 2017

Duane_Bosch

#8 for me this year, and one I hope to exact some personal revenge on Fox hill.

Excluding the last two events (both due to our club tour from Germiston to Durban), I've been dropped from the lead bunch somewhere up Fox Hill, every time.

1x AL

2x Vets 35-39

2x Tandems

Would be nice to be able to finish with the lead group for a change - time to set a goal, plan and train for my favourite race route.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless you're doing it on your own, or with another group, the club won't be riding down to Durban on that weekend.

It's the week before our race, so we riding to Durban in September (long weekend).

Edit: it doesn't stop us racing this event.

Bring on September! 

• 3 weeks later...

Cant seem to find an answer for this. If i stay in dbn, will there be transport for my bike and i to the start point in pmb? Also can anyone recommend affordable good accomodation in durbs pls. Maybe 3k for four nights. Or a self catering resort for a family of 5 adults.

I'm in. Can't wait. It's my very first one. I completed the 947last year so should be fine to complete shova. Was in CT to complete the CTCT but alas the wind

Cant seem to find an answer for this. If i stay in dbn, will there be transport for my bike and i to the start point in pmb? Also can anyone recommend affordable good accomodation in durbs pls. Maybe 3k for four nights. Or a self catering resort for a family of 5 adults.

There is transport for you and your bike, I used it last year.

Took my bike to be packed the Saturday morning, they used huge boxes so nothing had to be adjusted or lowered or anything. I believe you can also drop your bike off in PMB, should you be driving past anyway.

Then the morning of the race, the bus was waiting just outside the Sunsquare Suncoast hotel. There are a few, leaving at different times so you can decide which one will suit you best depending on your start time.

There is transport for you and your bike, I used it last year.

Took my bike to be packed the Saturday morning, they used huge boxes so nothing had to be adjusted or lowered or anything. I believe you can also drop your bike off in PMB, should you be driving past anyway.

Then the morning of the race, the bus was waiting just outside the Sunsquare Suncoast hotel. There are a few, leaving at different times so you can decide which one will suit you best depending on your start time.

Yster man. But who do i take the bike to, to have it pavked and transported?

Yster man. But who do i take the bike to, to have it pavked and transported?

It was Pickfords, if I remember correctly, but this is part of the official organisation. The pickup point was at the Garden Court Marine Parade hotel, where the registration was as well.

I just kept checking the page on the event website: http://www.shova.co.za/bicycle-transport/

Last year the links to the documents to apply only showed up on the site in July...

Question please:

How is Amashova compared to 947? Thinking of doing it om my ss... (have done 947 on ss)

It was Pickfords, if I remember correctly, but this is part of the official organisation. The pickup point was at the Garden Court Marine Parade hotel, where the registration was as well.

I just kept checking the page on the event website: http://www.shova.co.za/bicycle-transport/

Last year the links to the documents to apply only showed up on the site in July...

Thanks. That helps alot.

Question please:

How is Amashova compared to 947? Thinking of doing it om my ss... (have done 947 on ss)

12km longer with less climbing.

My 947 was 11 minutes faster.

• 2 weeks later...

I see the early bird entries close this weekend, can't seem to find the price for the early bird, as it only show the normal entry price of R 390.

I know I am probably just being lazy, but does anyone know what the early bird price is?

That is the early bird price...

Just checked and I paid R425 last year.

Guessing it'll be around that or R440 this year?

Archived