What winter jersey?

stefmeister

So winter is approaching and the mornings are getting chillier by the week.

I need some gear to protect against the cold. Being a fair weather rider mostly, I don't tend to go out when it's raining, but it would be nice to have something that will keep the cold out and not cook you to death later on in the ride. I usually ride with just a short sleeve jersey and shorts throughout the year, and occasionally put on arm warmers or a jersey - so ideally something that can help regulate temps. I don't get how people can ride looking like they're going on an arctic expedition.

Not looking to spend Assos money really, but it seems to be what is available locally (online) that I can find reviews for.

Looking at these two:

adidas-7841-643651-1-catalog1.jpg

https://shop.adidas.co.za/infinity-wind-jacket-156346.html

or

BLA.jpg

https://www.buycycle.co.za/mountain-bike/clothing-and-footwear/jackets/louis-garneau-neo-protect-2-shoe-covers-clone/

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Stefan

a wind jacket you can take off and stuff in a jersey pocket it starts cold in cape town then warms up - if you cant stash it its too much ^_^ long sleeve full zip jersey underneath :thumbup:

Edited by bikebloke

Endura Merino jersey. - Ent van prent!

(Co-Op in PE is also selling cheaper but I find this Merino  scratches a bit?)

Got me some Mr Price sport compression tops that are actually great base layers. And cheap as chips. Any winter boep will reappear in summer and depress me...

Got me some Mr Price sport compression tops that are actually great base layers. And cheap as chips. Any winter boep will reappear in summer and depress me...

Under Armour in Atterbury had specials over the weekend.  Some of their long sleeve compression tops went for R150.

I find for Cape Town all I need is a long sleeve jersey, base layer and a First Ascent Apple jacket. Get some decent winter gloves and decent booties for the early mornings.

I bought a Northwave sleeve-less top.

Wind-breaker material in the front - and it DOES stop the wind !

WHITE "mesh" at the back for nice breathability.

Arm warmers

Thus far this WORKS.

If it gets colder I will have to add the "base layer" ....

Agree on Apple jacket.  It would have to be arctic before you need anything more. (assuming you're riding hard enough).