Hip bags, fanny packs... is this a thing now?

T-Bob

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for some thread revival.

With Ezelduro over and done with it is lekker to ditch the backpack and to just use the fanny pack again (at Ezel I wanted the added protection of a backpack.)

4.5hrs on the bike later and I'm glad to not have the weight of a backpack on my shoulders.

Here you can see the fanny with a fanny taking on a rock on the Plumber. d18638440f0e84710185f5edcec77037.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Somewhere I saw those small pouches that fit into your shirt pocket, can take a phone and a couple of bombs, tube etc..

Anyone know where I can find it?

Somewhere I saw those small pouches that fit into your shirt pocket, can take a phone and a couple of bombs, tube etc..

Anyone know where I can find it?

Just Cycles has the 'Squishee' bags in stock!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Just Cycles has the 'Squishee' bags in stock!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Awesome thanks

Meyersdal Mall right?

• 2 weeks later...

I think this may work for me.  Pity about the price though.

Otherwise I would get one.

Like it lots.

It is pricey but looks like it's well thought out, got good storage and tough as. I didn't like it at first but I actually quite dig it after having a good look through the details. Holds 3l of fluid so matches my Mule and hold the same kit in a more organized way. 

Can see this being good for enduro races and longer days on the bike due to sizes and capacity. Will be thinking hard about getting one. 

Would just want some space to attach / strap on decent knee pads. 

Edited by hellocolour

• 2 years later...

I’m seeing these popping up more and more. Still a thing and who stocks the good ones?

Wouldn’t mind Evoc or Dakine.

Not sure who does Dakine, may still be the Billabong agency surfer boys from Jeffery's Bay. Their stuff is great though, have a camera bag that has literally been through the wars. 

Evoc is now handled by Omnico, so any of their dealers.

Also take a look at the Bontrager hip bag. Nice piece of kit and well priced with Bontrager's lifetime warranty. Sprocket & Jack in Parkhurst should have stock.

Chat to Ashley, one of the mechanics. He often rides with one.