Knysna Cycle Tour

Super Sywurm

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my start group. AA for the 115k road. Surely this isn't the same as A batch? Do they mean alcoholics anonymous?

• 1 year later...

I see this year`s road race includes gravel road for some kilos. Any advice on what tyres to run?

which gravel road?

I am told the KCT is a seeding event for Karoo to Coast. Can you guys confirm which distance will get me a seeding result?

I am told the KCT is a seeding event for Karoo to Coast. Can you guys confirm which distance will get me a seeding result?

All of them, but the shorter distances and road events will probably have some sort of penalty

So the 80km mtb would be the best

• 3 months later...

We are going up for the weekend, so entered the 104km road, some nice new additions, a loop to Buffels bay and a little Gravel travel:

https://www.strava.com/clubs/21210/group_events/527697

The 50km a personal fav, was my first ever cycle event and I remeber it being freezing and forever climbing.

https://www.strava.com/clubs/21210/group_events/527700

Then I guess there is also the MTB the day before, I dont have the loop for the Oakhill single track at the start but these are pretty close:

80km: https://www.strava.com/clubs/21210/group_events/527758

50km: https://www.strava.com/clubs/21210/group_events/527765

Come say hi if you are up for the weekend, I will be probably chasing 2 toddlers around while trying to take a selfie.

Will be passing through on my way to EL so decided to bite off more than I can chew and do the 50km mtb and 100 odd road... bring on the pain cave :wacko:

The weather predicted for Sat seems to be getting worse every time I check, so now I've stopped checking :blink:

Will be passing through on my way to EL so decided to bite off more than I can chew and do the 50km mtb and 100 odd road... bring on the pain cave :wacko:

The weather predicted for Sat seems to be getting worse every time I check, so now I've stopped checking :blink:

Great that you are bringing bikes with. Should join us on our vintage ride the following Friday morning :)

Same!! Just stopped looking!

if you are doing the 50km MTB on Saturday you should be able to stay dry but it's going to be windy.  This 50 is a super fun and fast ride although I think it's been made a little tougher.

on Sunday the roads will be wet and also a bit windy but hopefully dry - I pulled out of the 100km race last year on the first hill - cars buzzing by on the N2 unprotected isn't my idea of fun.  Tough enough for me to ride in a bunch 

That said, around here it can change hourly and no point in worrying if you've already booked you accom

Yeah, I'm at that stage of my life where I'll easily lie in instead of freezing my ass off and damaging a mtb groupset just for a funride but both bikes will come along for the ride anyway.

We'll be in Gonubie from Wed next week Jakkals so yeah, it'll be great to hook up for a ride :thumbup: