Chris Froome rammed off his bike

gummibear

And the other 100 people that will be rammed off their bikes today ?

Le tour win gets you in everywhere it seems

Very weak comment......................

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the French are willing to punch and throw piss on him, it's not beyond them to try and make sure he doesn't make it to TDF.

(Not all French, but those hooligans ones that hate it when Poms beat them at home

................and he is not really a pom  :ph34r:

Any cyclist being involved in a MVA is no joke. And placing a picture of it on social media is also not a crime.

Maybe the fact that this happens to everyone and anyone, including professionals who should or could be protected by a team car following them, is the real issue. This happens all over the world, to anyone.

I think highlighting this by putting it in the news is great, purely for the sake of making motorist more aware and alert when moving past cyclist and in some way perhaps the "star-power" effect is better than it being 101 unknown people being rammed off their bikes and no one cares and it never sees the news - which is also sad to hear about but never makes the headlines.

And to the allegations as to the events before this - it still does not make it right to hit someone with a motor vehicle and I believe the official charge is vehicular manslaughter - and you are going to get exactly what you deserve if found guilty.

2c in bucket for what its worth.

We've all seen examples of, and many of us have commented on, the incredible lack of tolerance in all aspects of the world today. Various forms of "rage" seem to fill the websites, forums & newspaper pages day after day.

Not sure if it is a symptom of the unhappiness people feel in their lives - day to day life being worse than it's ever been before? Or just a general "over crowding" of the world problem?

In the article it says he forgot the registration number of the car, I dont think that is an unreasonable thing to happen though. 

I had some guys try break into my house a few weeks ago by breaking my gate off its hinges, I saw them start driving up the driveway and looked at the number plate but in all the chaos I couldnt even begin to recall that plate afterwards.

A situation where you find yourself in a life or death situation - even if its only perceived to be that - doesnt really put a high priority on remembering details like a number plate.

Feel free to highlight in a PM, no point your dislike of me clogging up this thread.

Too late, you've already clogged this thread.  And every other thread where you feel entitled to shout your opinion down everyone's throat.  Your constant attacks are tiresome and make the Hub adversarial. Take a day off.

Yes - fight or flight arousal changes several mental processes and has a significant impact on memory. Specifically both retrieval and encoding of threatening / negative information is enhanced while we get worse at encoding emotionally neutral or positive information.

In the article it says he forgot the registration number of the car, I dont think that is an unreasonable thing to happen though. 

I had some guys try break into my house a few weeks ago by breaking my gate off its hinges, I saw them start driving up the driveway and looked at the number plate but in all the chaos I couldnt even begin to recall that plate afterwards.

A situation where you find yourself in a life or death situation - even if its only perceived to be that - doesnt really put a high priority on remembering details like a number plate.

Some possible stories :

- somebody actually deliberated drove into him because of his cycling links ... that must be one crazy storker ..

- road rage ....

- accident (driver fell asleep) ....

there are so many options. The human in me struggles to believe that a human can deliberately drive a car into another being on a bicycle. Bad driving, reckless driving all bad, but to deliberately follow somebody onto a pavement ...... something does not add up.

and yes, also find it very strange that a pro-rider is out riding without any support.

Lol

You forgot 2 possibilities

Froome stem watched veered too close to a car got a skrik, over corrected and ended up riding into a tree.

Or

Froome stem watched veered into the path of the car, driver got moerig and chased him onto the pavement.

*Above all said jokingly.*

As always we are relieved when the cyclist are okay and it just highlights again that things out on the road are just crazy no matter which country you live in.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Too late, you've already clogged this thread. And every other thread where you feel entitled to shout your opinion down everyone's throat. Your constant attacks are tiresome and make the Hub adversarial. Take a day off.

Here are my 9 posts in this thread, in order as they were posted. I welcome you to highlight those that are an attack or adversarial.

Or perhaps you see a post by me, and based on your prejudice against what I wrote on a some different thread that did not agree with your outlook on life, you see it as being an attack or adversarial?

Probably best you work out how the block button works. Then you can carry on without me annoying you.

Where was his following car? Or maybe it WAS the following car. Simon Cope driving perhaps.

Team Sky seem to do PR BS very well but the rest? Not so much. I ask again, where was the following Sky car.

I can only wonder what was done to piss the motorist off. A motorist as a matter of course does not follow a cyclist onto the pavement.  No way this is a one sided affair.

A bit like his tweet to Roger Federer, I imagine.

Completely unacceptable. Even to this guy.

However, how often have you heard of a motorist mounting a pavement at 48kph to crash into a cyclist. Particularly a pavement with trees on it.

I'd love to hear the story preceding this incident, only for my entertainment. Not to justify assaulting a cyclist.

On the weekend you said the guy hit by the van was acting like a dwis (BMW 530d). The driver was provoked. But was also very, very wrong to do what he did. I argued it makes no difference what the rider did. I still hold that view.

This driver is wrong. No question, even if it is Froome. My personal prejudice has no bearing on safety.

Maybe the driver was a Sir fan or a Nairo fan and that was adequate provocation.

How many guys have been followed onto a pavement and driven into? I have not seen an incident like this for a very long time. Which piques my interest into the prelude.

You've just proved you are. But we knew that already.

Feel free to highlight in a PM, no point your dislike of me clogging up this thread.

Amazing how I'm judged because I'm happy to voice my opinions. I'm neither angry nor constipated. But it is interesting that you perceive that to be my problem.

My bad, really stupid me posting on a Froome thread. Why did I expect it to be different just because the topic was one I actually know a little about?

It's like the religion threads. Don't say a bad word about beliefs.

Hopefully I'll learn to steer clear.

The huge benefit of video/lights.

Velon should supply the same race cameras they use on races to all pro riders for training when not accompanied by a team car.

Or Cycliq should sponsor them.

Why do people dislike Froome? Honest question. 

TO me he is a good cyclist, with a great support team?

Lol

You forgot 2 possibilities

Froome stem watched veered too close to a car got a skrik, over corrected and ended up riding into a tree.

Or

Froome stem watched veered into the path of the car, driver got moerig and chased him onto the pavement.

*Above all said jokingly.*

As always we are relieved when the cyclist are okay and it just highlights again that things out on the road are just crazy no matter which country you live in.

Leave my friend alone!

;-)

Leave my friend alone!

;-)

It was really just a tongue in cheek comment..as he is bloody dangerous when he does that. Lol..

Crazy out there no matter who you are or where you live. People just seem so angry, be it on the roads or off them.

carbon29er, on 09 May 2017 - 6:23 PM, said:snapback.png

My bad, really stupid me posting on a Froome thread. Why did I expect it to be different just because the topic was one I actually know a little about?

It's like the religion threads. Don't say a bad word about beliefs.

Hopefully I'll learn to steer clear.

I'm not sure this is a Froome thread.

As someone that has been knocked off my bike in a hit and run type fashion I assure that when you're victim to it you won't be able to find anything to say in jest.

It's actually a really crap thing to have happen to you for various reasons.... 1. the realisation that it was nearly the end of you... 2. The injustice of it all, knowing that you most likely will never be able to confront the person and right the wrong done to you.... 3. the lingering psychological damage.... for 2 years after being hit my heart froze every time a car whizzed past me.. bracing for the impact.  

Most folk who haven't been hit will see the picture of the bike and read that he is physically unhurt and think that all is well that ends well. I'll tell you that it isn't.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that when I read stories like this I find it very difficult to be lighthearted.... perhaps some other guys here feel the same way.

It is common in human nature for humour to surface once it transpires no one was hurt. And sometimes for humour to lessen the impact of something we do not fully grasp and help us cope.

Try some humour in trading environments. Took about 15 seconds for NASA to become Need Another Seven Astronauts. Not for the sensitive.

This thread is very different to the Michele Scarponi accident thread. Most likely due to the different outcome.

I do agree with you rattlesnake. I had a home invasion and ended up with quite a bit of physical damage. Certain events scare the life out of me now, although completely unrelated. A noise as I'm passing can give me cold shivers.

Archived