Beware of SRAM Eagle XX1 Gold

TerryT

WHAT, a kid is riding SRAM EAGLE??!? That is ridiculous!

ok, now that is out of the way.

Surely with this being a 1x12 system it is all about chainring size to adjust to your riding power/style. I'm guessing since it's a kid then there is a 'junior gearing' type idea(huge assumption), so probably one of the smallest options out there (30/32/34/36/38).

so doesn't anyone have one lying around because they wanted to go diktril and ride a 38 like Coolharvey?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cmon now

Us cyclists love our little details

Escalating the matter to social media with the title BEWARE is dramatic though hey ????

I have the new Eagle gold, and the cassette and chain make the same sound as brakes skimming against the caliiper especially when you go down to the lower cassette rings eg, 10 & 12. Its a little disconcerting and irritating. I was wondering whether anyone else had experienced this?

And before anyone asks, no its not the brakes....

I have the new Eagle gold, and the cassette and chain make the same sound as brakes skimming against the caliiper especially when you go down to the lower cassette rings eg, 10 & 12. Its a little disconcerting and irritating. I was wondering whether anyone else had experienced this?

Mine does not make a noise like that - sounds like it needs some fine tuning in adjustment.

Are you using a gold chain ring?

That needs adjustment. Mine does not make any noise whatsoever when its clean. All drivetrains become noisy when dirty though...

How would you brag to your mates if you don't have a complete gold groupset?? 

There will always be that one kid who points out that your chainring doesn't have GOLD lettering and therefore you are lying about everything. . .

Archived