Is this better than tubeless???

HeyYou

Who Needs A Bike Pump? Bridgestone Is Unveiling Eco-Friendly Airless Bike Tires

One of the biggest annoyances of riding a bike—next to oblivious drivers and sudden downpours—is the threat of flat tires. Tokyo-based tire company Bridgestone has set out to save cyclists from this headache by introducing a new bike tire design that doesn't use air at all, taking pressure, punctures, and flat tires out of the equation..............................................................

https://curiosity.com/topics/who-needs-a-bike-pump-bridgestone-is-unveiling-eco-friendly-airless-bike-tires-curiosity?utm_source=androidapp

post-25781-0-13795800-1495020024_thumb.jpg

hope one can easily and cheaply replace the rubber tread part ... would hate to have to replace a whole wheel when the treat wears out.

on a roadie commuter ... yes / maybe

mtb .. never, those gaps will fill with mud, etc and you can't fine tune the "feel" like you can with a conventional air filled tyre.

Enclosed as a sealed unit to keep mud etc out - with different "pressure/weight" options - maybe.

As long as I can somehow replace the thread and use by existing hubs.. dont want to replace a complete wheel and hub when thread is worn.

For a daily commuter this should work.

Archived