How much punishment can a Carbon MTB fork take?

Grease_Monkey

Eish, that is hectic! That must have been a very painful experience. Glad to hear you are all good now though!

When you say you pushed it past it's limit - what exactly did you do? Just rough terain? Jumping around?

I will definitely err on the side of caution though!

Rough terrain, manuals over little bumps and at speed getting airborne quite often.

I'm on Tapatalk now, so cant see your location, but here in Gauteng the terrain is rough, specially in placed I like to ride, like van Gaalens, Avianto, and Heia Safari at the stage when Hero adventure was still running it.

Also did mankele 3 towers as well as berg n bush before it's demise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rough terrain, manuals over little bumps and at speed getting airborne quite often.

I'm on Tapatalk now, so cant see your location, but here in Gauteng the terrain is rough, specially in placed I like to ride, like van Gaalens, Avianto, and Heia Safari at the stage when Hero adventure was still running it.

What fork was it? 

A SH#T Ton of it

There was A video on the hub a while back of someone casing a jump with his front wheel(big fella) that niner fork certainly bent quite A lot but it took it on the chin

Yes JC pounded that fork, and it broke.

But he has subsequently bought another Niner for his new SS

I don't think that is a half bad CV for a carbon fork!

I am also in Gauteng, more Pretoria though. I ride mainly Buffels and Rosemary with the ocassional Hakahana. Because of my pre-existing condition (being fat haha) and the bike being a SS, I think it will mostly be used at Rosemary and district roads...

Buffels, Haka, and Van Gaalens will be tackled with my dual sus geared bike :)

What fork was it?

I'd prefer not to say, as it was not the Brand's fault but mine.

But lets just say it was nowhere near the price of a niner fork.

Ive been riding my X-lite for almost 5 years at thaba and where ever the hell I want. 

Never ever questioned its integrity... 

That being said.. 

I should hopefully be getting my new fork sometime in the next month or two... 

Edited by the nerd

I'd prefer not to say, as it was not the Brand's fault but mine.

But lets just say it was nowhere near the price of a niner fork.

Its not a brand bashing thing, things break, **** happens lol

Its not a brand bashing thing, things break, **** happens lol

Yes, but this is thebikehub... next thing you know there's 20 pages and a person l's livelihood is in the balance.

Yes, but this is thebikehub... next thing you know there's 20 pages and a person l's livelihood is in the balance.

Agreed, things can get out of control very quickly - here and pretty much anywhere a keyboard is involved.

Good ol le BikeHub

I want JC to post the response he got from Niner when he sent them the video and asked if there was any chance of a warranty  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

A SH#T Ton of it

There was A video on the hub a while back of someone casing a jump with his front wheel(big fella) that niner fork certainly bent quite A lot but it took it on the chin

And broke a few days later...