YT Jeffsy 29 Owners

tcarthew

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, checking the links now.

Do you know if they have an actual shop where I can have a look?

@Nakoota, I would have bought that had it been my size, I'm an XL.

@Yo-yo they don't have my size in the outlet, pity man.

I have a  feeling that the XL may be on the rare side. I've never ridden an XL before, always topped my saddle out on an L but I think it's time to get the right size.

Double check the geometry. I normally ride an L so I bought one and as it turns out I can only get my saddle height by slamming the 150mm dropper as far into the bike as it can go. I could have gone with a medium in hindsight. You might find a large is ok but rather go and check the geometry chart specifics.

Do you know if they have an actual shop where I can have a look?

YT are at the forefront of the direct sales model where they don't deal with shops.They can provided better value, kit and pricing by removing the middle man. A lot of bike co's are going that way now, some with an eye on better prices and value, some to just keep it all the same and make the extra profit line their pockets.

YT SA do arrange demos and if you're in CT I'm sure they would show you around. 

If you are a tall guy then you'll love that YT make XXL and also increase all around geometry for each frame set with longer chain stays and other bits to keep it in relation. 

Interesting to see that YT EU / UK offer the Capra 27.5 and 29 as well as Jeffsy as frame only for the first time. Doesn't look like that is happening here in SA. 

YT are at the forefront of the direct sales model where they don't deal with shops.They can provided better value, kit and pricing by removing the middle man. A lot of bike co's are going that way now, some with an eye on better prices and value, some to just keep it all the same and make the extra profit line their pockets.

YT SA do arrange demos and if you're in CT I'm sure they would show you around. 

If you are a tall guy then you'll love that YT make XXL and also increase all around geometry for each frame set with longer chain stays and other bits to keep it in relation. 

Interesting to see that YT EU / UK offer the Capra 27.5 and 29 as well as Jeffsy as frame only for the first time. Doesn't look like that is happening here in SA. 

Thanks I'll give them a call today.

Last night I was doing some research on all the bike I'm considering and I came to a forum on singletrack's site where some guys were saying that the geo on the Jeffsy is outdated. I'm not sure what to make of it, my sence so far and could be far from correct is that brands like spoez are always innovating and pushing desginforward, YT seems to have stuck with a very similar design to the previous year  which is not bad if it's a great design.

What do you guys think?

The outdated comment is due to the relatively short reach of the bike. The other numbers are bang up to date.

Thanks I'll give them a call today.

Last night I was doing some research on all the bike I'm considering and I came to a forum on singletrack's site where some guys were saying that the geo on the Jeffsy is outdated. I'm not sure what to make of it, my sence so far and could be far from correct is that brands like spoez are always innovating and pushing desginforward, YT seems to have stuck with a very similar design to the previous year  which is not bad if it's a great design.

What do you guys think?

It's a great bike & they haven't updated it a lot but most people seem to like what it is. They have updated the Capra & added a 29 inch version so that is now the long, low, slack option for enduro. The Jeffsy is a trail bike remember and not an enduro shredder - you will be able to tackle any enduro in SA on it. A lot of people say the 66 / 67 degree HA is the sweet spot for mid travel trail bikes as they have a different needs to bikes than the Capra, Rallon & others. It does look shorter when compared to similar bikes like the Evil Following & Transition Smuggler. Demo one & see what you think. 

I am guessing there will be a revision of the Jeffsy soon but at the moment it's still good enough to get a lot of thumbs up, positive reviews and still feature in things like Dirt Magazine 100

https://dirtmountainbike.com/dirt-100/2018/yt-jeffsy-cf-29/

I tested a large Jeffsy AL 29 over the weekend. Liked the bike, but at 1.72m it was way to big for me. Had to ride with the dropper half way in just to fit.

Also tested a Trek Fuel EX in my size which I loved! I was way more comfortable on that and as result much faster.... great bike! The Trek is expensive though in comparison to the deals that are currently being offered on 2016 Jeffsy’s.

I want to love the Jeffsy, but without trying it in a medium it’s difficult.

Are there perhaps any guys in Cape Town, Durbanville area that would be willing to give me a quick go on their medium? I’ll throw in some beers

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Any of you riff raff run your Jefssy in the high setting yet, and did you feel a difference between the low setting?