YT Jeffsy 29 Owners

tcarthew

Hi a tip ... I got a giant side loading bottle cage and 500 ml botles from mumbos plastic world ... perfect fit and secure on downhill

Thanks! Will give this a go!

Catching some rays

18889019_1356184327770358_35429715824963

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1.92cm

XL

Have changed many parts on the bike. Wheels, brakes, bars, suspension (front and rear) and now have the 9Point8 dropper (200mm)

I luv this bike, maybe not the best climber, but as stated above really fun to ride and a really heavy hitting trail bike

Mine is going to the Mega this year, I have no worries about the bike, just the rider :blink:

Post some pics, will ya?

Thanks for the feedback, there is definitely something about the bike. Even my non-riding friends agree that it looks like it's worth it!

But holy crap, that wait....they're only available from 30th of august!

Thanks for all the comments so far, interesting reading, I also found a forum on pinkbike. The interesting thing I find is, no one has a bad thing to say about the bike, even when they've experienced minor issues such as creaking. YT seems on the ball in helping their customs out.

I lie, actually EVERYONE seems to hate the YT bottle cage & bottle.

I lie, actually EVERYONE seems to hate the YT bottle cage & bottle.

And the SDG Circuit saddle - one ride and i bought a blue fabric replacement so I didn't have to split my butt cheeks again.

There's a pic  :D

All you need now is some wrap to sort out those cables and that bike will be seriously bling!

Hi,

I'm looking for YT Jeffsy owners, at the moment, I have one on loan for a test ride. I am in the market for a trail bike specifically, so this is kinda "the" bike for that style of riding it seems.

However, sizing of these things is a pain in the ass. I've noticed (and maybe it's just in the western cape), that arranging demo bikes is not as easy as one would of hope, so it seems bike shops expect you to be happy with a guess based on a chart.

According to YT, at 1.89m I could go L or XL. The demo bike I have is a L and it feels pretty good so far (which is 10 minutes!), but I can't really compare it to an XL at this point.

What I'd like to know from the Jeffsy owners is:

1. How tall are you in metres & which size did you buy?

2. How has the bike been for you since you've had it?

It would be great to hear from the AL owners here, most reviews nowadays always seem to deal with the higher end carbon frames & that's great & gives an indication, but some of us poor folk would love to have some proper reviews around the things the average joe can buy.

Thanks in advance!

I don't own one but I'm about the same height as you and there is no doubt the XL is the right size for you. If i recall they are not the longest of the new long trend bikes and have always been considered a bit on the short side from the outset. What you should notice with increased reach on an XL is more comfort while standing and less fatigue as a result. If you feel a bit too stretched out just get a shorter stem. 

• 3 months later...

you should buy one

Thanks, hey!  :lol:

EDIT: @ Yo-yo - According to their site: L for 5'8" - 6'1"

Edited by 2bliss

• 3 weeks later...

What size would a 5'9 guy want to ride? It's pretty much on the cusp of M & L. 

I am 175cm cusp of M and L. I test road a medium over the weekend. Stock medium Jeffsy 29 fits like a glove. 

I am 175cm cusp of M and L. I test road a medium over the weekend. Stock medium Jeffsy 29 fits like a glove. 

Am 180 and went with a large. dropper post is practically hilted (nice, one less thing to remember) . i have slightly shorter legs I think

• 1 month later...

1.92cm

XL

Have changed many parts on the bike. Wheels, brakes, bars, suspension (front and rear) and now have the 9Point8 dropper (200mm)

I luv this bike, maybe not the best climber, but as stated above really fun to ride and a really heavy hitting trail bike

Mine is going to the Mega this year, I have no worries about the bike, just the rider :blink:

Hey I’m 1.95m and wondering if the XL will be big enough for me. I’m just afraid I’d have to jack that seat up real high to get enough leg extension but then would be slouched over to get bars and have back problems. THe reach looks ok but worried about the stack being enough for me. What is your inseam (crotch to floor)? I really want to get this bike but really like the “inside the bike” feel and don’t want to feel cramped. Thanks for your thoughts!

• 5 months later...

Hey guys

I'm thinking about getting a YT Jeffsy, could anyone point to the best place to get one in Cape Town. Also if there any possible deals around on a new one.