YT Jeffsy 29 Owners

tcarthew

Has anyone tried a 650b wheel at the back? Would probably need to put the flip chip in the high position to make up for the resulting bb drop.

Why?

If you want to go faster in the tight stuff on a 29er Jeffsy, just don't slow down before the turn as the bike will certainly make it around faster than you think it can ... certainly far faster than I think it can.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 1.78m on a large with a 50mm stem ... I could be a little longer for me, but is lekker to play on. At 1.73m you have the luxury of also fitting a shorter stem should you need to.

I agree with Harry, I'm 1.72 and been riding mediums all my life,the mediums Jeffsy comp feels a bit cramped. Might feel better with a longer stem.

I know of a 2015 jeffsy that might be for sale soon.

If it's a large let me know :)

If it's the 27.5 a medium may work for me, it's geo is different.

Also, I didn't realize they've been around so long.

Edited by MrJacques

• 1 year later...

So with cape winters on the way, here is a little something I found works great to keep the mud and junk from accumulating on my lower frame and around my lower pivot bearings.

Cut down a cheap R50, commuter seat mount mud guard, available from most bike shops, drill a couple holes and add 2 beefy zip ties. I also put a strip of thin adhesive craft foam sheet where it contacts the frame. Ran it last season already with great results.

IMG_20220510_123019.jpg

1 hour ago, Alouette3 said:

So with cape winters on the way, here is a little something I found works great to keep the mud and junk from accumulating on my lower frame and around my lower pivot bearings.

Cut down a cheap R50, commuter seat mount mud guard, available from most bike shops, drill a couple holes and add 2 beefy zip ties. I also put a strip of thin adhesive craft foam sheet where it contacts the frame. Ran it last season already with great results.

IMG_20220510_123019.jpg

I like your bike

21 minutes ago, ChristiaanSt said:

You are not allowed to comment here if you dont actually ride your bike....

I was on my bike this weekend .... to the end of the village and back, so mind your own business e-bike rider :P

2 hours ago, Hairy said:

I was on my bike this weekend .... to the end of the village and back, so mind your own business e-bike rider :P

Guess the SS steel hardtail must have had a puncture or something…

Chuck Norris would never take a gun to a knife fight either, but im sure he takes it to the end of the village every now and then incase someone brings an assault rifle…

Edit: or do you have haemorrhoids ? Why else would you need that much squish?

Edited by MORNE

2 hours ago, MORNE said:

Guess the SS steel hardtail must have had a puncture or something…

Chuck Norris would never take a gun to a knife fight either, but im sure he takes it to the end of the village every now and then incase someone brings an assault rifle…

Edit: or do you have haemorrhoids ? Why else would you need that much squish?

You have to look fast to go fast 

• 7 months later...