Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Jenny Rissveds is making a comeback - check out her Instagram account ! Her and K8 at Scott ?

Rumor has it she's going to be at Specialized factory racing.

But I suspect she's either back with Scott Factory Racing or will be racing for herself sponsored by Oakley, and riding a Scott Contessa.

Edited by DieselnDust

Looks like Jenny Rissveds is making a comeback - check out her Instagram account ! Her and K8 at Scott ?

I don't see her going back to Scott - they were mighty patient with her and her problems and I think all have moved on since. I also wonder if she will be able to pick up where she left off .. not that I don't have sympathy or empathy but it is what it is.

I don't see her going back to Scott - they were mighty patient with her and her problems and I think all have moved on since. I also wonder if she will be able to pick up where she left off .. not that I don't have sympathy or empathy but it is what it is.

and despite all the commercial issues between her scott contract and Sweidch Cycling federation, where Scott basically threw her under the bus, It would be surprising to see her back with them but stranger things have happened  and TF is very persuasive

and despite all the commercial issues between her scott contract and Sweidch Cycling federation, where Scott basically threw her under the bus, It would be surprising to see her back with them but stranger things have happened  and TF is very persuasive

yup wtf happened there ... something like the Swedish Federation would not allow her to ride with sponsors names on her kit at the 2017 World Champs in Oz if I remember correctly, so she didn't go ... Yo!  took the honors after a relatively quiet season.

Then 2017 she started riding elites but after a few races wasn't on the start line, needed time at home since her grand fathers passed away.

I think she was at perhaps one to two more races later in the season thereafter but didn't really feature.

Then at the start of the 2018 it was announced she wouldn't be coming back to race that year for the team, needed to take a break. Was her relationship with the team then over?

Edited by kosmonooit

Then at the start of the 2018 it was announced she wouldn't be coming back to race that year for the team, needed to take a break. Was her relationship with the team then over?

She went into rehab for an eating disorder.

Source?

That whole world champs fiasco seems to have been a major factor in her withdrawal

TF did say the door is open for her return:

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/02/olympic-mtb-champ-jenny-rissveds-ends-contract-address-mental-health/

But that was almost a year ago

Jenny herself shared that on Instagram, whether or not it was at the same time as her mental health issues I can't recall entirely but it wouldn't be implausible for it to be so.

BTW Happy New Year Everyone!

yup wtf happened there ... something like the Swedish Federation would not allow her to ride with sponsors names on her kit at the 2017 World Champs in Oz if I remember correctly, so she didn't go ... Yo!  took the honors after a relatively quiet season.

Then 2017 she started riding elites but after a few races wasn't on the start line, needed time at home since her grand fathers passed away.

I think she was at perhaps one to two more races later in the season thereafter but didn't really feature.

She started doing a few Swedish National events in the back end of the European summer wearing unbranded kit but still riding her Scot bike. It would appear that her relationship with the Scott team ended when they announced she wasn't coming back due to emotional health challenges

Source?

That whole world champs fiasco seems to have been a major factor in her withdrawal

TF did say the door is open for her return:

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/02/olympic-mtb-champ-jenny-rissveds-ends-contract-address-mental-health/

But that was almost a year ago

Link for an Instagram post made a few months ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bowjffmncsx/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1qp7uepwur3r9' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'> https://www.instagram.com/p/Bowjffmncsx/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1qp7uepwur3r9

Thanks that sheds a bit more light on her situation, the depression linked to the eating disorder must have be debilitating, but can it be said going to a professional & clinic for help is the same as being booked in for rehab?

Thanks that sheds a bit more light on her situation, the depression linked to the eating disorder must have be debilitating, but can it be said going to a professional & clinic for help is the same as being booked in for rehab?

This might be semantics, but I'm my opinion there surely is a difference between seeing a professional as therapy, and booking into a rehabilitation facility. Both are forms of treatment, but a full-time rehab is way more intensive.

However, At the end of the day the end goal is all that matters. The health of the individual.

And if JR is making a comeback, then I'm very excited, both for having her back to health again, and to seeing her race again.

Hard to fathom when it seems she has it all, but all perhaps just goes to show the pressures on these athletes can take its toll in unimaginable ways,. But things move on, and the level of competition with the elites is very high, she has work to do.