Enjoy One Tonner 2017

Pure Savage

Awesome event, my first one and definitely not the last.

On my way home traveling on the N2 direction Cape Town, some idiot decided it's a good idea to stone the bike to get me to stop resulting in a cracked rim and fork :cursing:

I was so looking forward to the Durby dash :thumbdown:

Woah, thats not stone, looks like a brick! Lucky it held and you could get away!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome event, my first one and definitely not the last.

On my way home traveling on the N2 direction Cape Town, some idiot decided it's a good idea to stone the bike to get me to stop resulting in a cracked rim and fork :cursing:

I was so looking forward to the Durby dash :thumbdown:

Ouch - sorry to see this. Great wheels and lucky they ok.

Wow - tough ride.  After a good nights rest I'm glad I did the ride - can't say I was enjoying the last 30km at the time  :-)

Thanks to the Sportsworld bunch - pulled me a round for a decent time in the end. 

Not sure what the Beta will be for seeding (I hope around 1.2?).  Even without a beta I'm up on my seeding so job done - thanks again to the Sportsworld guys!

Wow - tough ride.  After a good nights rest I'm glad I did the ride - can't say I was enjoying the last 30km at the time  :-)

Thanks to the Sportsworld bunch - pulled me a round for a decent time in the end. 

Not sure what the Beta will be for seeding (I hope around 1.2?).  Even without a beta I'm up on my seeding so job done - thanks again to the Sportsworld guys!

2015 beta was 1.89, 2016 was 1.11. So anyones guess :-)

It was a great day out - thanks for the kind words!

22780324_1154292558003725_73269709044155

2015 beta was 1.89, 2016 was 1.11. So anyones guess :-)

yep - always a bit of a mystery.   :blink:

This years was definitely harder than last years - so should be more than 1.11.  But then I'm not sure if the reduced number of entrants in the individual section will cause the beta to go up or down (or have no effect at all) !?

This years was definitely harder than last years - so should be more than 1.11.  But then I'm not sure if the reduced number of entrants in the individual section will cause the beta to go up or down (or have no effect at all) !?

Also by how much they adjust the winner time... If stay like now and beta of 1 i go up in seeding, but if adjust to last years time , then im holding thumbs beta is 2015 value or higher.. Need to improve my seeding :-))

Beta 1.42

So back to eina group and skewing the PPA vs w/kg stats thread

Edited by Karman de Lange

what was the story with stellenbosch cycling team doing the 109km?

ontop of that i see they had vloeking sessions as well

what was the story with stellenbosch cycling team doing the 109km?

ontop of that i see they had vloeking sessions as well

What I have been told is that the prize money for 109km individual was greater than the 170km individual as PPA wanted teams to enter. Therefore they entered that one. 

Also, the Beta is out and is 1.19 for the team event

Beta 1.42

That was for the individual I guess, the team was much lower

Beta 1.42

agghh ffs! I really chose the wrong race to puncture...  <_<

Seems I'll be dropping down to C bunch before the SCT, any hill climbs coming up?  :ph34r: