WTF CSA?

Patchelicious

What would be the benefit to me of not renewing? I don't buy an annual CSA license because I support some cause, I only buy it because on the long run it works out cheaper than buying a day license each time I enter a race?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be the benefit to me of not renewing? I don't buy an annual CSA license because I support some cause, I only buy it because on the long run it works out cheaper than buying a day license each time I enter a race?

What I dont want to do is renew, and then in two months time be told that the CSA is no longer and the new body CSA-II is up and running and i must buy a membership there also .. guess I'm just looking for *some* peace of mind that all is in order.

What I dont want to do is renew, and then in two months time be told that the CSA is no longer and the new body CSA-II is up and running and i must buy a membership there also .. guess I'm just looking for *some* peace of mind that all is in order.

OK, but I would think the probability of something like that happening is remote? CSA is a "national authority" (for lack of better terms) not a private company

I know that this is a big ask, like asking someone to explain all of Game of Thrones if you returned from 5 year  solitary confinement, but can someone give me a precis of what the issues are.

I have read all 28 pages of the thread and there are so many wink-wink, nudge-nudge comments and people partially identified that I cannot make out what the hell is going on. *

I will send a bottle of red wine to the first person who can explain the plot in less than 28 pages.

* I have read Milton's Paradise Lost and mostly understood it. But then again I think it may have been less obtuse.

Edited by eddy

I know that this is a big ask, like asking someone to explain all of Game of Thrones if you returned from 5 year  solitary confinement, but can someone give me a precis of what the issues are.

I have read all 28 pages of the thread and there are so many wink-wink, nudge-nudge comments and people partially identified that I cannot make out what the hell is going on. *

I will send a bottle of red wine to the first person who can explain the plot in less than 28 pages.

* I have read Milton's Paradise Lost and mostly understood it. But then again I think it may have been less obtuse.

I'll point you in the direction of this: https://www.bikehub.co.za/features/_/news/industry-news/statement-csa-meeting-with-kzn-race-organisers-r6691

Where there is smoke there is fire. I believe that commitment from CSA has been made to resolve and work through the issues. But what exactly that means I'm not sure.

Think the idea is, if you don't get asked for it when you enter, don't get asked for it on the start line. Just don't buy one. 

Think the idea is, if you don't get asked for it when you enter, don't get asked for it on the start line. Just don't buy one. 

yeah what is the use in putting money into a systme that is clearly not administrated properly?

Only facts we know for sure is that they have been reported for a reportable irregularity of spending money on items that they were not supposed to do so. Therefore implying missmangement. The rest is pointing fingers at who done it and why and some lawyers letters.

I hear you, just did the math, few years back annual CSA license was something like R75 and a day license R35 - so if you did more than 2 races a year it was a no-brainer to get a CSA license

Now the CSA license is something like R200 but day license is still R35, so you will have to do about 6 races (where your license is actually checked) before it becomes worthwhile.

There are some races out there I did where my license was checked religiously (some tiny funrides in the middle of the platteland) but yes its not such a obvious call anymore

I hear you, just did the math, few years back annual CSA license was something like R75 and a day license R35 - so if you did more than 2 races a year it was a no-brainer to get a CSA license

Now the CSA license is something like R200 but day license is still R35, so you will have to do about 6 races (where your license is actually checked) before it becomes worthwhile.

There are some races out there I did where my license was checked religiously (some tiny funrides in the middle of the platteland) but yes its not such a obvious call anymore

Thanks Skubarra .. interesting numbers :). I do like the idea of the medical cover etc that the CSA license provides; and no doubt the normal medical aids probably have some sort of "were you licensed to be racing" clause in the event of an emergency so it is a good thing to have and I do support having the license - but again - am I having the wool pulled over my eyes; am I actually covered... hmmmmmm....

Coffee ride.....

Thanks Skubarra .. interesting numbers :). I do like the idea of the medical cover etc that the CSA license provides; and no doubt the normal medical aids probably have some sort of "were you licensed to be racing" clause in the event of an emergency so it is a good thing to have and I do support having the license - but again - am I having the wool pulled over my eyes; am I actually covered... hmmmmmm....

rehashing old arguments now but if I want medical cover I will buy it myself or want it as an optional add-on to the license fee - never liked the idea that we are forced to buy it. Think this thread just changed my mind about renewing my CSA membership next year  ^_^

Dont enter that many events anymore but cant recall when last i was asked for my license....apart from Trans Baviaans during the online entry process...

Ummm CSA have not paid their insurer, there is no cover for anyone with a license.

Ummm CSA have not paid their insurer, there is no cover for anyone with a license.

No no, Mike Bradley said you are covered! So it must be true!