Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge - #CC2017

Bonus

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You also need to give everyone write/edit access, otherwise they can only read the file.

post-1372-0-07084400-1508524701_thumb.png

--------------------------------------------------------

Click on the "Anyone with the link can view" and change it to "can edit".

post-1372-0-65772300-1508524854_thumb.png

Edited by Frosty

You also need to give everyone write/edit access, otherwise they can only read the file.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-10-20 at 8.37.02 PM.png

Click on the "Anyone with the link can view" and change it to "can edit".

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-10-20 at 8.40.36 PM.png

Thanks, please confirm if it's working now.

Anyone ridden the 55km MTB event before, what can we expect? Will be my 1st time riding in JHB

I've done it a few times. Not sure what the course is nowadays but in the past it was pretty tough at race-pace.

Depends on what you want to achieve ie, sub-3, sub-4, sub-5 hours?

And I am not an expert, just giving some pointers here...

You mention longest rides and races, are these on road, or MTB bike and on tar or off road?

MTB off-road works the legs more than normal road / MTB bike on tar.

If you do mainly MTB rides and off-road, then ramp it up to 60-80 per ride / per weekend (maybe twice a month, or even every weekend if possible).

If you do some training rides on road bike, then try a few 100km's rides to get you past the distance of the actual race to test your limits...you can even do a few 120km's rides if you can / have the extra time.

In terms of HILLS, the 94.7 race has +/- 1400mtrs of climbing (maybe someone can correct me here?), so hills are VERY important training grounds...especially the last 20-23km's of the actual race is a KILLER!!!!

Once again it depends on what you want to achieve time wise?

I am not sure if you can still train on the actual Kayalami race track (in your area)?

Try to get closer to 1000-1200mtr's climbing per ride AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH, or twice...or even 1400mtr's if possible (wherever you ride).

The more you ride, the better you will get and the more prepared you will be...even if you can not get to those big hill training, or longer distances...just keep at it on the saddle.

Or if you can pop out to Suikerbosrand Reserve once, or twice a month...you will thank yourself for doing that before 94.7 [emoji106]

Like I said...I'm not an expert, just some advise from my side :clap: good luck and enjoy the ride on 19 November and remember to take in the vibe along the way!!!

My first also. 55 years old. Doing 160 km per week at the moment. Planning to be at around 220 km two weeks before the event. Ave pace at the moment around 26 km per hour.

Sent from my LG-M400 using Tapatalk

My first also. 55 years old. Doing 160 km per week at the moment. Planning to be at around 220 km two weeks before the event. Ave pace at the moment around 26 km per hour.

Sent from my LG-M400 using Tapatalk

Well done...should be an easier race for you than a few other First timers  :thumbup:

What group will you start? Hope it's not too late...