Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge - #CC2017

Bonus

I'm coming from the UK to ride this and would appreciate it if someone could help me out with a gpx.

I'm keen to know exactly where I'll be going and where the climbs are, etc.

I couldn't find anything on the official website and the route map they provide is a little sparse on detail.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do some Strava searches on '94.7' perhaps?

Let us know.

I had a look and found a couple (on Strava and other sites), but they all appear to be for previous events. I understand that the 2017 is slightly different to previous years.

I'm coming from the UK to ride this and would appreciate it if someone could help me out with a gpx.

I couldn't find anything on the official website and the route map they provide is a little sparse on detail.

Here you go... last year's event

activity_1454467832.gpx.zip

Not sure if a GPX file can warn you enough for the hard work that lays ahead in the last 20km of the route. Whatever you do, just suck wheel all the way to the left turn into Witkoppen road. From there on your climbing legs are gonna have to pull you through.

Not sure if a GPX file can warn you enough for the hard work that lays ahead in the last 20km of the route. Whatever you do, just suck wheel all the way to the left turn into Witkoppen road. From there on your climbing legs are gonna have to pull you through.

Thanks for the heads up. I was out in Joburg a few weeks ago and did a few rides. Coming from sea level I can really notice the altitude. You guys are definitely missing some vital oxygen!

Thanks for the heads up. I was out in Joburg a few weeks ago and did a few rides. Coming from sea level I can really notice the altitude. You guys are definitely missing some vital oxygen!

You said it, Long-term altitude training boet ;)

Flu got me bad, was off the bike for 15 days! Now to see if I can salvage any fitness.

Only 15?

I was off for 4 weeks!!  Really bad stuff hanging in the air.....

2 Velo rides and you'll be back in top form.  :thumbup:

Lets hope the Altitude Training is going to help me with the Amashova

Is there a way to get reseeding for 94.7 using the ASG Satellite results?

In 2011 my wife did het first 94.7 and first race ever, so she got a really bad seeding. At registration at the expo we showed them some times on the polar of training rides and a Rooiwal race which was 2 weeks prior and they bumped her up by about 12 groups if I remember correctly.

2 years ago I also used the Sat Classic to get a better seeding, but that year the reseeding closed after the sat classic and not the week before like this year.

Go and Pay your Randellas at the expo, maybe you get lucky.

I hope it works. Got my seeding down to 13 after Satellite, so hopefully they bump me up to B at least.

Edit: Halfway to the Rouxtjie 1000 :clap:

Edited by Nibali