Everything YT Industries

Johnny Lawless

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That'll learn ya! But don't be disheartened... 'tis a good thing you did

It was seriously awesome, just wish I could afford one without having to sell some stuff lol!

I'm quite curious to hear what fellow Jeffsy riders are using as lower downtube/ bottom bracket protection. I was quite surprised to find that the bike didn't come with a hard plastic sump guard like in the attached photo.

I'd also dig to hear how a set of wider rims has improved the ride. I'm loving this whip right now but rims and Onza tyres are probably gonna go soon.

Cheers

I'm using this to protect the bike's nether regions:

http://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/all-mountain-frame-fork-guard

Having some Stans Arch MK3's being built onto Hope 4's. Picking them on Monday. Had Easton Arc 30 on my Pyga before and really battling with the narrow rims on the Jeffsy. Like the 26mm internal width of the Arch and reckon it will suit this bike very well. Wide and light. Will feed back after first few rides. 

I did a thing today. And now I want one.

746d5496d8c036ae64bcacb153bda451.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're aware of the crazy good deals on these right? Sold my pyga for more than what I bought one of these for :D

Could NOT be happier!

Edited by Pyka

I'm quite curious to hear what fellow Jeffsy riders are using as lower downtube/ bottom bracket protection. I was quite surprised to find that the bike didn't come with a hard plastic sump guard like in the attached photo.

I'd also dig to hear how a set of wider rims has improved the ride. I'm loving this whip right now but rims and Onza tyres are probably gonna go soon.

Cheers

I'm not on a YT, but I use AMS Honeycomb frame protection. It is a thick vinyl that adheres to the frame and bends nicely to fit your frame. Works really nicely, and comes in nice designs, or just a clear coat. Looks cool too.

Okay pics it is.

My Jeffsy also with 1x11 XT drivetrain and 11-46 Sunrace cassette. 

Planned upgrades:

- Wheels (probably Flow on Hope hubs)

- Shock with lockout (probably Monarch Plus)

How did you fit the cassette on the XD drive?

:

You're aware of the crazy good deals on these right? Sold my pyga for more than what I bought one of these for :DCould NOT be happier!

Yeah doing the maths in my head :whistling:

You can do it ????????????. Edited by Pikey

I'm not on a YT, but I use AMS Honeycomb frame protection. It is a thick vinyl that adheres to the frame and bends nicely to fit your frame. Works really nicely, and comes in nice designs, or just a clear coat. Looks cool too.

Where from? I'm looking for some decent protection but struggling. Also I have no idea why frame protection is soooooo expensive. Seems there is good margins in it for sure. 

EDIT: Durrhhh.... I totally miss the link! Idiot sunday. 

Edited by hellocolour

I did a thing today. And now I want one. 746d5496d8c036ae64bcacb153bda451.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rode it today ...did a really decent ride on it.

It's so capable. The front end confidence is amazing. Doesn't really matter what line you take the bike just kills it,like a steam roller. The standard wheels and heavy rear trye let sit down a bit. But you can see past that and appreciate how good it is. Decisions decisions ????