Everything YT Industries

Johnny Lawless

Another update , can't believe how much difference the new flow wheels with ibex's make on my jeffsy ... so much better on a a steep rocky downhill trail. This is now an even greater bike ... smiles all day !!

Loving the Jeffsy, but super keen to try wider rims on it. The OE wheels on our long-termer is a bit noodly

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loving the Jeffsy, but super keen to try wider rims on it. The OE wheels on our long-termer is a bit noodly

really??? what's the standard width?

So did a small face plant riding a steep rocky downhill trail im cutting in hogsback ... decided to change the xt brakes on my jeffsy for a pair of formula R1 s I bought some time ago from CRC .... awaiting a build .

Xt were good but lack modulation. Rode the R1 s today, jeffsy just got better again !!

I am really unimpressed with XT brakes. Power seems ok but modulation is poor. All or nothing. I am sure they are reliable but I much prefer Guide.

It's the weakest part of the standard spec (not that there are many) and a must upgrade. I went for Arch MK3 rims at 26mm ID and it's great. Lighter than those DT Swiss OE rims, proper stiff and more than wide enough for 2.4-ish tyres. Worthwhile upgrade all day long. 

So did a small face plant riding a steep rocky downhill trail im cutting in hogsback ... decided to change the xt brakes on my jeffsy for a pair of formula R1 s I bought some time ago from CRC .... awaiting a build .

Xt were good but lack modulation. Rode the R1 s today, jeffsy just got better again !!

Very hard for me to focus on the brakes with that frame in the same photo...prettiest one of lot IMO. 

Except for being narrow the stock wheels are fine IMO. I have the M1900. They can take a hell of a beating.

My problem was more with those slow engaging hubs, in technical climbs that really throws me off.

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone know if our local YT dealer stocks replacement mech hangers? Have emailed them today so will probably hear from them tomorrow. Just curious if someone else was able to get one locally. 

Anyone know if our local YT dealer stocks replacement mech hangers? Have emailed them today so will probably hear from them tomorrow. Just curious if someone else was able to get one locally. 

Let us know if they do - always good to have a spare!

They do have stock at R275 incl VAT. 

Postage to my loaction in Sbosch is another R70. 

Eish. That's not cheap. 

A mate of mine looking for a jeffsy medium bike or frame? Apparently no stock left from YT themselves, what are his/our options.