Everything YT Industries

Johnny Lawless

Eish. That's not cheap. 

Yup, there goes my plans of buying some spares. Bent back the original which will have to serve as an emergency spare once the new one arrives. 

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fetch it rather in Parow

The hassle and drive from where I live doesn't make that worthwhile. Will have to go through at some stage though...damn reverb acting up. 

A mate of mine looking for a jeffsy medium bike or frame? Apparently no stock left from YT themselves, what are his/our options.

Not much other than putting in an order or coaxing someone on here to part with theirs :D

Mine too, drops 20mm when i sit on it

The hassle and drive from where I live doesn't make that worthwhile. Will have to go through at some stage though...damn reverb acting up. 

Mine too, drops 20mm when i sit on it

Never had a day's trouble with my Fox DOSS. Seriously miffed. 

Apparently the 150mm reverbs in particular are prone to issues. A real pitty because after riding the 150mm I don't want one with less than that. 

The Reverb is ***. My cheapass Giant never gave issues.

My previous cheapass giant had to be warrantied twice for the same issue these guys have had with their Reverbs. Luck of the draw...

Edited by Grease_Monkey

So, Jeffsy is doing the berg and bush decent in 4 weeks and I'm pondering whether it's feasible to try and do it without a camelbak.

Main reason for this is I did the 660km Hakahana Mountain Monster the other weekend and having the Lobo with 3l of water, tools and tube on my back started to fatigue my shoulders (had not done a ride this long before).

I'm half thinking of putting a bottle on a triathlon mount on my saddle (so dropper still works), and then using a sidecage under the shock for the tools and taping the tube somewhere else.

Is this a *** idea and does anyone have any other suggestions, 99km is a long way to carry a pack.

Water points on route ... why carry water for the 99km ?

On longer rides I use the 500ml on bike and another 500ml bottle in back Jersey pocket. Or just carry less volume in your backpack.

Im planning to do ezelenduro with 500ml on bike and 2 l in backpack .

Rockshox Reverb Stealth:

On the last 2 or three rides I have noticed more "play" in my dropper than usual when at full extension. Having taking it for a quick ride up and down the driveway and over the curbs, I have about 10mm of play when simply sitting on the post while riding off the driveway on the road.

I'm assuming this is not normal along with the audible click. Would this be considered a warranty replacement issue and if so has anyone been through this process with YT?

• 2 weeks later...

Rockshox Reverb Stealth:

On the last 2 or three rides I have noticed more "play" in my dropper than usual when at full extension. Having taking it for a quick ride up and down the driveway and over the curbs, I have about 10mm of play when simply sitting on the post while riding off the driveway on the road.

I'm assuming this is not normal along with the audible click. Would this be considered a warranty replacement issue and if so has anyone been through this process with YT?

Yeah, absolutely warranty. My reverb is doing the same and I've already been in contact with Roman from YT. I just need to get my bike to them and they'll sort it out. Just haven't had time yet. 

where did you get the stealth fork and rim decals done, i'm looking for similar. Also got a new set of XT M8000 brakes on the way.

where did you get the stealth fork and rim decals done, i'm looking for similar. Also got a new set of XT M8000 brakes on the way.

Fork decals from Sramnation.com

Rim decals from Notubes.com