[Event] 100 Cycle Challenge

mecheng89

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.. I was bright and went to fourways from nightshift .. Sat there until 9am in vain.. Very bright moment. Deep sighhh

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

What type of seeding index do you have to have to get a half decent start time - say 07:30 ?

Well AL is starting 7.55 and VA 7.15. So it depends on your seeding and if you have a racing lic

Collected 4 Packs yesterday - just needed the ID numbers

Slowly moving up in the open seeded - BL for me on sunday.

Ride safe everyone :)

Will be interested to see the road closure policy tomorrow, as the 5-8Km goes straight through my hood. The route effectively blocks residents in, as the roads leaving Verwoerdpark and Florentia cross the race route at numerous points. There is also the Alberton Day at the Rugby Club, so the service providers will also need to get in/out of the area. 

I'm leaving at 04:45 to pick up two mates, then off to Boksburg for the Colgate 15/32Km race. The wife leaves at 06:30 to take my girls to a dance competition in Jhb. Hopefully we won't be inconvenienced at all, as the race only starts at 07:00. 

post-1372-0-79326700-1525516471_thumb.png

Start times are later than other races .. Weather prediction fairly warm .. Fingers crossed for normal summer kit

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Some pichas from a bridge over the N17

e3bee735f6a21b9d4ed44072dce40b30.jpg

Elites

5a6865219fd1b2f942677afd13fffc62.jpg

VA break

2a8c53088f877eb2b934e05580e32d48.jpg

VB

c6edba42cf45b7a9f0a3b6840ffc475a.jpg

And of course FULL ROAD CLOSURE

21481fbc4671d604566375bb091d5056.jpg

I have heard plenty complaints from residents in Alberton, some of whom dislike cyclists as it is, because they (1) weren’t advised of the road closure, and (2) were unable to get out of the boxed-in area. I hope they calm down a bit and forget about it by next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot about the race. When I turned around at my half way point this morning I saw a big group of cyclists coming my way, so I kept left waiting for them to pass, they never did, probably turned off somewhere.

Then I remembered the race and realized that must have been one of the front bunches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an absolute blast out there this morning, rode in AL ... No issues and there was 'enough' road closure for us to feel safe (me anyway)

Was a bit frantic as always in the bunches but hey just hung in there! I guess my hiatus from road riding (short lived as it was) has ended, looking forward to some more [emoji41]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Great race.

Had great fun in AL.

Pace was fast with the juniors pacing.

There was a crash on the N17 apparently caused by a junior who also went down.

For the 1st time it was really well organised.

A few things can obviously be improved.

Well done to the 100 Cycle Challenge team !!!!