[Event] Meals On Wheels Cycle Race

Face Plant

Hey guys, glad you enjoyed the event, just to explain the situation regarding the shortened route, as Scotty mentioned, the route would have turned around at about the same point as in the past but we got word of a large group of cyclists heading towards the turn around point from the opposite side, word from the marshal was that the group was in excess of 100 riders, I am not sure if it was a training group or another event but we made a decision on the fly to avoid the turn around point and rather head back to the finish via the intersection. This meant the distance was reduced to 39km, this applied to everybody on the short route. so everybody did the same distance.

If anybody has any info on the group that was on the road please let me know, my understanding is that the finish point was at the Kareekloof turnoff, it seems like a well organized ride as there was support vehicles as well as an emergency vehicle with the riders.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I unfortunately missed the race.

Wife got sick Saturday night, so I was entertaining the twins on Sunday.

Hopefully next year!

• 11 months later...

Think I'll enter to just go have some fun after the disaster I had at R4V ....

Just don't make the same mistake I made last year - let the fast guys go up the hill, don't chase them down. You'll be "op soos ou toast". 

2c

I am in just for kicks. I enter because of the charity work they do. Entered three years in a row only did one event.

Mentally prepare yourself for wind.....

Oh gosh i really hope the wind is kind.

I am in just for kicks. I enter because of the charity work they do. Entered three years in a row only did one event.

Mentally prepare yourself for wind.....

So my rant about this event.

Just tried to enter as a tandem, but CycleEvents wants to charge me R250 per rider, so R500 in total, when a single entry is R230.

I know from last year they charged R250 for a tandem, so obviously an error with CycleEvents.

Too late to contact anyone, lesson learnt for leaving it to the last minute to enter.