GRR

Chris NewbyFraser

Just bought my green 2018 Spez Diverge - the cheapest one!. So with gravel bikes becoming a popular (fad?), what should this bunch be called? Gravel Road Riders/Racers/Raiders/Rebels? Confused roadies?

In my case I would be a GGRR (geriatric gravel road rider/raider.... whatever).

What the hell are we?

How about People Who Chat Less And Post Pics??

I adore the new Diverge, think Spez have got it bang on. I'm keen to get one for my commute which is +- 50% good tar and 50% gravel. Currently I ride my mtb but suspect a gravel bike could add serious km/h to my average speed

Wow i never knew these bikes existed . When i first started cycling age 13 as schoolboy we had our racing bikes and our everyday bikes for going to school and messing around on mine dumps and koppies . They were generaly nonmal frames , 48 front crank , 3 speed cluster ,  26 inch wheels with 1.75inch tyres ,no mudguards , semi drop handle bars and only rear brakes . We raced them in the plantations , mine dumps and gravel track anywhere we could make a track . We called these bikes our DD's . (Dutchman Delights )  . 

Just bought my green 2018 Spez Diverge - the cheapest one!. So with gravel bikes becoming a popular (fad?), what should this bunch be called? Gravel Road Riders/Racers/Raiders/Rebels? Confused roadies?

What the hell are we?

Cyclist. Now go ride your bike.

What the hell are we?

Saw that bike at spez shop the other day, very cool bike, congrats!

Dig the new gravel thing, pretty sure will become popular, dont really know why a person would have to buy another bike though. (Bike companies will def like this development)

Sure lots of people will just use MTB to ride gravel roads.

Cool concept though, more bike touring orientated, lekker.

Wow i never knew these bikes existed . When i first started cycling age 13 as schoolboy we had our racing bikes and our everyday bikes for going to school and messing around on mine dumps and koppies . They were generaly nonmal frames , 48 front crank , 3 speed cluster ,  26 inch wheels with 1.75inch tyres ,no mudguards , semi drop handle bars and only rear brakes . We raced them in the plantations , mine dumps and gravel track anywhere we could make a track . We called these bikes our DD's . (Dutchman Delights )  .

Archived