Cryptocurrency

Jurgens Smit

So unless you have converted back into hard currency and in the bank you have not made a cent - you have just had expenditure ??

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bitcoin should be a longer term investment than what many give it credit for.

If you've got the $$, buy back in.

I realise that now.

Hot tip, chaps: IOTA.  :thumbup:

IOTA going BOS!!!!!!!! missed the boat on this one

Made some money on BTC since last friday :clap:

Just don't dump your BTC, there might fluctuations along the way, but it is/will be the crypto against which all other currencies will be valued. 

Just don't dump your BTC, there might fluctuations along the way, but it is/will be the crypto against which all other currencies will be valued. 

Do you honestly think so? I see value in a blockchain but no real value in whatever currency the blockchains supports.

I reckon bitcoin is fad of the moment and something like government control/taxation, a country adopting blockchain, something higher tech like quantum computing etc all destroying bitcoin.

I see bitcoin exactly opposite to you - something to make money on while it's new and shiny but once it's "just another blockchain" it'll be all but worthless.

Gotta love varying points of view!

Something only carries real value, if it has a practical use......

Mike sums its up well.

Edited by Patchelicious

Do you honestly think so? I see value in a blockchain but no real value in whatever currency the blockchains supports.

I reckon bitcoin is fad of the moment and something like government control/taxation, a country adopting blockchain, something higher tech like quantum computing etc all destroying bitcoin.

I see bitcoin exactly opposite to you - something to make money on while it's new and shiny but once it's "just another blockchain" it'll be all but worthless.

I share this sentiment , the fact that it can worth zol/nada/zero/f0kol in a matter of hours has kept me very weary 

I did make good money in 3 weeks with bit coin and if it drops below 90k i'll buy a small amount again 

nothing ventured nothing gained i suppose 

I share this sentiment , the fact that it can worth zol/nada/zero/f0kol in a matter of hours has kept me very weary 

I did make good money in 3 weeks with bit coin and if it drops below 90k i'll buy a small amount again 

nothing ventured nothing gained i suppose 

When you say you made money - did you manage to sell the bitcoins and get cold hard cash?

I'm always keen to hear from people that bought and sold (and how close to the actual "trading price" they sold at)...

If you're willing to divulge of course. No pressure.

When you say you made money - did you manage to sell the bitcoins and get cold hard cash?

I'm always keen to hear from people that bought and sold (and how close to the actual "trading price" they sold at)...

If you're willing to divulge of course. No pressure.

put in X amount , made 38 % in 3weeks 

converted nearly every thing back into rands ( I have like A few thousanths of A bitcoin still)

and deposited the original investment back into my account.

so the profit is still in my luno wallet and I can also deposit that into my account if I want or i can use it to buy shares in bitcoin ( which I will do if it drops again)

This is mostly uncharted territory.

Keep in mind that Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency built on Blockchain tech. The actual commodity underlying its value is twofold: it’s use as a currency and its perceived value.

Fiat currencies only have value based on trust in government and their ability to govern and control inflation (ask the Zimbos how that worked out for them). Bitcoin cannot hyperinflate and is a finite resource.

Cryptocurrencies are a part of our future and Bitcoin will be a part of that future.

If you don’t have faith in the technology, you’ll probably be hesitant to put your hard earned cash into such investments.

This is mostly uncharted territory.

Keep in mind that Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency built on Blockchain tech. The actual commodity underlying its value is twofold: it’s use as a currency and its perceived value.

Fiat currencies only have value based on trust in government and their ability to govern and control inflation (ask the Zimbos how that worked out for them). Bitcoin cannot hyperinflate and is a finite resource.

Cryptocurrencies are a part of our future and Bitcoin will be a part of that future.

If you don’t have faith in the technology, you’ll probably be hesitant to put your hard earned cash into such investments.

I am often given the argument that Fiat currency is based on gold etc, but at the end of the day, when you really simplify everything, even golds value is based simply on the economies collective agreement that it has value. 

Its value is dictated by the collective reasoning and scarcity or simply put, supply and demand.  I see no difference between that logic and Crypto.

Well, thats what works for my little brain.

Don't know if there are any miners on here but a lot of people lost a lot of money with the Nicehash hack. Luckily I lost only about $5 worth of BTC but some guys I know lost around $1000 worth.

I am often given the argument that Fiat currency is based on gold etc, but at the end of the day, when you really simplify everything, even golds value is based simply on the economies collective agreement that it has value. 

Its value is dictated by the collective reasoning and scarcity or simply put, supply and demand.  I see no difference between that logic and Crypto.

Well, thats what works for my little brain.

All currency, FIAT or crypto, is valued on sentiment. The big difference with crypto, and BTC specifically, is that buying and selling is a peer to peer transaction. It's the equivalent of valuing the US$ rate based on a dodgy cash transaction at the Zim border post. You can bid on crypto at any value you wish, and you can sell crypto at any value you wish. This creates a demand spiral, which we're seeing the start of now.

My major concern with crypto trading is that none of the online trading services are registered FSP's. They don't have any IGF facility to guarantee your funds,a nd they are totally unregulated (and handling massive volumes of funds!). It's all a recipe for a very sad story.

Edited by GrahamS2