Trail / Enduro - 29'rs - choice

T-Bob

It's not quite enough bike for a big mountain trip though unfortunately.

And the Wreck is probably too much bike to be playful.

Have you ridden either?  The Wreckoning is extremely fun and 'poppy' to ride, unless you're going uphill.  I prefer the Following as I like riding uphill too, but they both exude playfulness.  The Following feels like it has more travel than it actually has - it's just about the perfect do it all bike.  

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ridden either?  The Wreckoning is extremely fun and 'poppy' to ride, unless you're going uphill.  I prefer the Following as I like riding uphill too, but they both exude playfulness.  The Following feels like it has more travel than it actually has - it's just about the perfect do it all bike.  

Ridden a Following, but not a Wrek. But have heard from others it's a bulldozer...One I would still love though :) But fun and poppy...perhaps for a big bike.

Have a look some of the articles on Enduro-Mtb. 
Seeing as you are going to be in the UK you may be able to get your hands on some of these a bit easier than in SA. For example: 
A Bike for all Situations

I am currently experiencing the same nice to have problem as you but in my case, I am more interested in shorter travel Trail bikes. (if you want I can give you that list)

I have the following , cant go wrong there ! Mine can be for sale if I get a reasonable offer ..

How reasonable. ;)

Nukeproof Mega 290? Not so sure on frame-only options, but from what I've read, they're hellishly fast. 

Perhaps a bit vanilla for your taste, but what about a 29er Stumpy, with lekker 2.8 Maxxis tyres? 

I've heard that some of the Evil frames have naff finishing on the rear triangle. 

that's my only issue about buying one second hand as there have been a fair few that have had issues. You see alot with warranty replacements triangles in various adverts. That mega is a beast I had looked at it a couple of times and may check it our when I'm overseas.

The New Pivot as well would be on the list but I can't afford those prices. :)

Edited by hellocolour

*cough* phantom *cough*

I know a guy...

Yeah, yeah... Actually I might just have to give that one of yours a test ride to put it to bed. :)

Yeah, yeah... Actually I might just have to give that one of yours a test ride to put it to bed. :)

You won't regret it, absolutely beast of a bike & really feels like it punches way above it's category, the bike feels incredible.

For what it's worth, check out Kona....I have ended up with a process 111 by chance & circumstance & it's also just full of surprises. Also a short travel like the banshee...

You won't regret it, absolutely beast of a bike & really feels like it punches way above it's category, the bike feels incredible.

For what it's worth, check out Kona....I have ended up with a process 111 by chance & circumstance & it's also just full of surprises. Also a short travel like the banshee...

Those Process's pop up in al the bikes ofmthe years and the new ones look amazing. The 29'r one of theirs is apparently great but no idea of launch and no idea of price when it hits the market. 

My thing with the Banshee is that I have a feeling it's going to be very similar to my Transition but not look as sexy. Always thought that Banshees scot designer had a love for the humble scaffolding pipe when it came to a few models. ;)

What size frame are you?

Might be having a Jeffsy Alu frame for sale shortly in XL

Black and White

Cheers, I'm a circus dwarf so it's M most of the time. 

Those Process's pop up in al the bikes ofmthe years and the new ones look amazing. The 29'r one of theirs is apparently great but no idea of launch and no idea of price when it hits the market. 

My thing with the Banshee is that I have a feeling it's going to be very similar to my Transition but not look as sexy. Always thought that Banshees scot designer had a love for the humble scaffolding pipe when it came to a few models. ;)

Good point.

I've never ridden a transition, so I wouldn't be able to compare. Kona really nailed "long, low & slack" with the process 111, it's a way more capable bike that I am a rider, but it's loads of fun & leaves me room to improve. 

I can say it's quick to pop up & off things & feels super stable on the decents & is just a bit of a beast in general, etc etc, blah blah more review speak. Thing is it rides great...and that's what counts most for me. It's a size L, you're welcome to get in touch if you're ever curious about checking it out or taking it for a spin.

Good luck with the search, holy crap, my last one drove my wife crazy (she also now knows alot more about bikes than she ever wanted to)! 

Have a look some of the articles on Enduro-Mtb. 

Seeing as you are going to be in the UK you may be able to get your hands on some of these a bit easier than in SA. For example: A Bike for all Situations

I am currently experiencing the same nice to have problem as you but in my case, I am more interested in shorter travel Trail bikes. (if you want I can give you that list)

The Stumpy didn't do to bad. Wonder why no Evils tested? I am also looking to upgrade and have been checking out the Evil like crazy. If you get the frame is the shock included? I can't figure that out. How much is that build going to work out? R90 000 if you do it right? Should be more right, if you do it properly?