LeoKnight

I wouldn’t count on getting a bag. And they don’t issues boxes. There will be a DHL truck at the start where you can load a bag for the race village. Take a lekker big bag (expect anyone who has ever ever done a cape epic ever to be using their 10 year old bag plus frame sticker) to be loading theirs onto the truck. Yes, if I had one I’d be using it too!! Then at the end of an awesome day one pickup you bag at a huge awning in the race village. Dog tired and dirty, drag it to your sleeping palace for the next two nights. Last morning, pack said bag bag into DHL truck and collect it on the beach in Hermanus.

Spent the next 362 days dreaming and planning 2018 event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the suggestion, makes a lot of sense, and have made the change (maybe need to add that this is just a list I use, and need to consult your doctor)

One piece of medical advice I would give is to pack your hay-fever medication. You will inhale enough fynbos pollen and dust to start a small farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To the guys who have done it before, can one leave your car at Lourensford and pick it up on the sunday after the race again?

Quick question

Do you get boxes like the Sani or a bag or use your own bag?

Keep getting different info......

Hey guys, No bags this year.

"You will be receiving a jacket and a cycling shirt this year."

Does anyone know what the allotted time for each day is?

Daily cut off is at 13h00 at WP 3. These riders will be transported to the Finish and can start again the next day.

Daily cut off is at 13h00 at WP 3. These riders will be transported to the Finish and can start again the next day.

Hey man, thanks. Can you perhaps explain this to me? So we are effective;y the last starting batch at 8:40. That then basically gives us 4 hours to finish, if I am understanding your response correctly? Wouldn't the times move for each batch?

If you get picked up do you DNF the entire race? I know you say you can try again the next day but really wouldn't like to miss out on a stage (and of course a medal...I doubt I will ever ride this again so that is kinda important to me :wacko:).

At how many km is WP 3?

So far the weather is going to be the good for the Ride, with the Monday day being a bit of a hot day

For now!!  :eek:

Hey man, thanks. Can you perhaps explain this to me? So we are effective;y the last starting batch at 8:40. That then basically gives us 4 hours to finish, if I am understanding your response correctly? Wouldn't the times move for each batch?

If you get picked up do you DNF the entire race? I know you say you can try again the next day but really wouldn't like to miss out on a stage (and of course a medal...I doubt I will ever ride this again so that is kinda important to me :wacko:).

At how many km is WP 3?

On Day 1 it seems that it is at 50km, after which it is basically home.  We have a 8 o clock start, so that mean that we should make it at least there in time ave of 10.  

Generally with cut-offs there is no taking into account your start time. 

On Day 1 it seems that it is at 50km, after which it is basically home.  We have a 8 o clock start, so that mean that we should make it at least there in time ave of 10.  

Generally with cut-offs there is no taking into account your start time. 

I've heard that they prefer to shorten the route for the backmarkers after a time instead of cutting them off on course. But I suppose there can be extreme cases where event this won't help.

Are you sure about the cut-off?

As the race rules indicate the following:

11.Finish
11.1. The finish line closes at 17h00 daily, except for the last stage which closes at 15h00.

Or is it a new rule that was added?