Ezelenduro for Noobs. Or: What Not to Do to Finish Ezel

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

What an event, what a jol.

Nice writing Myles, and well done on your achievement. 

To those thinking about doing it, add a 45min functional gym session a week, ride twice week and stay healthy...anything is possible.
If you are going in search of the top steps, well, one has to put in more time then and more gym.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Myles! It was awesome riding a lot of the race with you guys!

We knew we were last but we didn't care, the screams and shouts of support after each stage, the super wide eyes and broken bodies after coming down stage 4 I will never forget. Laughs were had and we helped each other hike a bike up that mountain.

I didn't finish either but I had the most incredible time up there, legs burning on stage 4, just wanting to sit down but having no relief over those rocks, pushing through and getting to the bottom with all you guys super stoked I just made it, made my race!

People forget about all us newbies, pushing through, achieving our own goals, smashing our own (quiet) little challenges. We head up the back of the pack but damn do we have a good time doing it!! Dan was so stoked each and every time I made it down it made me feel like a superhero even if I was going super slow by any other riders standards.

I have been riding mtb for just over 1 year, enduro type riding for 7 months of that. Im pretty happy with my results, even if I didn't finish. But yes Myles, more training, you and me both!

Great write up, loved it!

gravity lovers,,, with all due respect :whistling: 

WESTERN CAPE TILL I DIE BRU :ph34r: 

YOU OKES ARE TIGHT LIKE KOEK SISTERS

KLIP EN KETTY

WE ALL JUST JEALOUS that we need to climb more than 700m,,, we just wish GANGSTER GP was as flat :whistling:  :whistling: 

,,AND MYLES KNOWS IM RIGHT

With respect Myles.

You should not have written this. For whatever reason, you didn't finish the event. There are 54 people who did and are therefore more qualified to write about it. Surely finishing should be a pre requisite to putting pen to paper?

Exactly, I wanted to tell Shackleton that he was wasting his time writing about his trip to the South pole.

KLIP EN KETTY

WE ALL JUST JEALOUS that we need to climb more than 700m,,, we just wish GANGSTER GP was as flat :whistling:  :whistling: 

I don't think 10 laps of Groenkloof / Klapperkop counts as vert.

Exactly, I wanted to tell Shackleton that he was wasting his time writing about his trip to the South pole.

Baahahahaha

just as a matter of interest, what do mean by plain. I haven't ridden the enduro but have ridden Ezels many times.

More or less everything you have ridden.

Def an awesome place tho.

including the escarpment behind the eco huts? Dunno how you can call that terrain plain, tbh. But each to his own... 

I don't think 10 laps of Groenkloof / Klapperkop counts as vert.

im talking more like FUNgaalens, but its called FUN gaalens because there a casual weekend ride is only an average of 1500m so def not vert. bra

Have you ridden the Enduro? Stage 4 and 5 are definitely not like anything I have ever ridden on a trail network in SA.

seriously now back on to topic,,,myles apologies (i know you accept them)

why is the field so small for the event? again serious question I saw a few video clips and I see its not the first rodeo ? so why so few entrants ,,,,costs,,location, 

im talking more like FUNgaalens, but its called FUN gaalens because there a casual weekend ride is only an average of 1500m so def not vert. bra

Rie-leks broe. Ek skerts.

KLIP EN KETTY

I see what you did there