Tour de France 2018

gummibear

Dumoulin looking very strong and he can TT

TT this year is a little more undulating, so might not suit him as much as normal. Time will tell, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, forgot CF came second to Wiggins. Maybe I should have asked when last for a team pre Sky.

Pre-Sky, possibly 1996? Bjarne Riis 1st, Jan Ullrich 2nd, from Team Deutche Telekom.

Of course, that was during the doping era, so not sure if it counts.

I don't think there will be an issue with Chris if Gee can take the Yellow to Paris, may the best man win! But still a long way to go in the mountains and Chris just starting to stretch his legs.

Today they worked together, definitely; The dynamic is good, nothing like the drama queen The Wig.

I am not sure if i like one team mate up the road and his team mate chasing him down.[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Classic road racing tactics by Sky today.

Usually you see a 1-2 where one attacks and as soon as the others chase and close him down, 2 attacks. Repeat until 1 or 2 gets away.

However today was a rarely seen move... 1 goes, 2 only has to cover the attacks from the others, then puts in a beeeeg move and distances the rest. I’ve seen today’s move plenty times in Elite and Vets racing here in SA.

That, along with echelons, is what other teams should be doing to Sky. But every one of their 5 wins since Wiggins’ win has shown that the Skyborgs are too good for any other team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you thinking of froome and thomas? with thomas in the lead and his penchant for crashing, dare they take a chance? you never know. if something goes wrong and sky left time on the road, they'd look like thickies. i think brailsford will tell us it's a race, not a coffee ride

100% agreed..... they cannot put all their eggs in one basket as yet.......We must also remember that Thomas' best result in a Grand Tour so far is a 15th position while Froome has won 6 and came second in 4 .... so in terms of proven results and even quality you cannot even compare the 2 and imo it will be very risky to make Thomas the leader or sole protected rider at this stage.

Pre-Sky, possibly 1996? Bjarne Riis 1st, Jan Ullrich 2nd, from Team Deutche Telekom.

Of course, that was during the doping era, so not sure if it counts.

Andy and Frank got 1 and 3..or at least 2 and 3 on podium in Paris.That's the closest for a team result in recent years I think.

Well he didn’t abandone. He showed respect and rode the stage.

Thats true but in reality if he is not injured or sick this is a disgrace!!And I am a big Cav fan..but he should not have been at the tour!

For a professional cyclist to not be able to finish a stage due to fitness is NOT on..it's one thing if it was planned for him to only do 1 week or to leave the race because they got what they came for but this is just BAD!

Thats true but in reality if he is not injured or sick this is a disgrace!!And I am a big Cav fan..but he should not have been at the tour!

For a professional cyclist to not be able to finish a stage due to fitness is NOT on..it's one thing if it was planned for him to only do 1 week or to leave the race because they got what they came for but this is just BAD!

He struggled already on the first hilly stage..

Today i saw him out the back at the bottom of the first climb already.

I feel bad for Cav - DiData were out of options and threw him under the bus (a little).

The upside is #fasteddieisfree!

I think with G in yellow there is less pressure on Froome and less spotlight. Remember the other guys are all marking Froome and are seemingly so blinded by their need to stay with Froome that they don't really think much of G and his ability to go to Stage 21 and continue or extend his lead.

So in doing this Sky has now started shifting the focus a bit and the more they get the focus shifted to G the more dangerous Froome becomes lurking and waiting. I think he will possibly at some stage simple ride G off his wheel and take back the time G has and take more time on everyone else.

It is a very long way to Paris still and we can only speculate as to the tactics but one thing is for certain - if G wants to win the TDF he will have to beat Froome. I highly doubt Froome will gift him anything and in a straight up fight I think Froome is still the TDF king.

Salbutamol blah blah or not - he dropped everyone and rode in most of G's lead and what TD could manage today. Tomorrow is another big stage for GC. I just hope the racing is as exciting as today was (Well at least I found it entertaining)

2c... Cav has now proven he is a has been and his TDF career is over. He should focus on other smaller races for sprint wins. Unfortunately he will not get the number of stage wins he wanted in his career at the TDF and I fear he has done more harm than good for his team this year. I hope those who are left can regroup their efforts... Go Eddie!!!

Archived