Tour de France 2018

gummibear

I think with G in yellow there is less pressure on Froome and less spotlight. Remember the other guys are all marking Froome and are seemingly so blinded by their need to stay with Froome that they don't really think much of G and his ability to go to Stage 21 and continue or extend his lead.

So in doing this Sky has now started shifting the focus a bit and the more they get the focus shifted to G the more dangerous Froome becomes lurking and waiting. I think he will possibly at some stage simple ride G off his wheel and take back the time G has and take more time on everyone else.

It is a very long way to Paris still and we can only speculate as to the tactics but one thing is for certain - if G wants to win the TDF he will have to beat Froome. I highly doubt Froome will gift him anything and in a straight up fight I think Froome is still the TDF king.

Salbutamol blah blah or not - he dropped everyone and rode in most of G's lead and what TD could manage today. Tomorrow is another big stage for GC. I just hope the racing is as exciting as today was (Well at least I found it entertaining)

and then there's the TT. could be make or break... and also remember the funky start on start 17. as it currently stands, G and Vroome are starting together... as are the Movistar three amigos. fun times. but that's a week or more away. anything can happen. #aintspeculationfun

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm disappointed with the competition for the yellow jersey , take nothing away from Sky they have the best assembled team and they are a well oiled machine technically and physically, I like excitement don't we all,I don't like a 1 Team domination.I'm very disappointed especially with Team Moviestar.They have there tactics all wrong and they proofed it with stage 11.It's like the top contenders all concede to team Sky from start.I was very excited for the possible challenge's from Richie Porte but only for bad luck to rob us.

I'm disappointed with the competition for the yellow jersey , take nothing away from Sky they have the best assembled team and they are a well oiled machine technically and physically, I like excitement don't we all,I don't like a 1 Team domination.I'm very disappointed especially with Team Moviestar.They have there tactics all wrong and they proofed it with stage 11.It's like the top contenders all concede to team Sky from start.I was very excited for the possible challenge's from Richie Porte but only for bad luck to rob us.

So what do you suggest they do? Should they make Valverde try an early long range attack? Should Tom D maybe try go up the road? Maybe Dan Martin should try solo to a victory at some stage. Wow it would be amazing if the top teams number 2 made and attack and made it stick putting time into the leader. You know the pace is hot when your new young talent needs to check out with out even hitting the front.

There-Their..........

proofed?????

and you need to have a space after a full stop.

:ph34r: 

2c... Cav has now proven he is a has been and his TDF career is over. He should focus on other smaller races for sprint wins. Unfortunately he will not get the number of stage wins he wanted in his career at the TDF and I fear he has done more harm than good for his team this year. I hope those who are left can regroup their efforts... Go Eddie!!!

He's had a really rough year, so time and form was never on his side for this Tour. He might still have a kick left in him and be a factor in the sprints if his lead up to the Tour is better. But yeah, if you're Doug, do you keep on forking out half your team's budget on one guy who is clearly over his best and only has an outside chance of a sprint win? Wouldn't make sense.

DD has future GC ambitions though so this was probably the last year they took a sprint team to the Tour. After the year they've had they were low on options.

He's had a really rough year, so time and form was never on his side for this Tour. He might still have a kick left in him and be a factor in the sprints if his lead up to the Tour is better. But yeah, if you're Doug, do you keep on forking out half your team's budget on one guy who is clearly over his best and only has an outside chance of a sprint win? Wouldn't make sense.

DD has future GC ambitions though so this was probably the last year they took a sprint team to the Tour. After the year they've had they were low on options.

Their future GC plans are for a 2020 GT podium? I hope the still WT in 2020. At this rate they won't be and will have to rely on wild card entries.

Bring on the iconic day. A double dose of HC and then "the 21 switch backs".

Who spent too many pennies yesterday and who didn't?

All will be revealed in 4 hour's time....

C'mon GC/Climbers - you owe me some fantasy points and today is the day to deliver!

Their future GC plans are for a 2020 GT podium? I hope the still WT in 2020. At this rate they won't be and will have to rely on wild card entries.

Well unless CreamCheese goes and hides in Spain with Matthew White for a few weeks and comes back to rock the Vuelta, that 2020 might need to be pushed a year or two while Doug tried to buy somebody that can podium.

Bring on the iconic day. A double dose of HC and then "the 21 switch backs".

Who spent too many pennies yesterday and who didn't?

All will be revealed in 4 hour's time....

C'mon GC/Climbers - you owe me some fantasy points and today is the day to deliver!

I always enjoy lacets de Montvernier. Not the hardest climb (Cat 2) but the most scenic.

xdkcg7lew4ckwco8wogsoow-lacets-de-montve

Just throwing some love the way of Dan Martin. He might not be the greatest of cyclists but boy does he have the greatest heart. When you look at guys like Nairo, Bardet, Nibbles all looking each other, waiting for someone else to do the work, it's just so refreshing to see another guy just for it. **** the podium, **** the top 10. Just go balls to the walls and see what happens. That's what everybody wants to see.

******* Quintana is the most annoying cyclist ever. Sits on the front for literally 5 seconds and the flicks his elbow. Words cannot describe how irritating that is.

Dumoulin definitely the strongest rival to Froome again. We'll see how strong Thomas is today and also as the tour goes on but I think it's safe to assume that Froome and Dumoulin are definitely the top 2 GT cyclist in the world right now.

Well unless CreamCheese goes and hides in Spain with Matthew White for a few weeks and comes back to rock the Vuelta, that 2020 might need to be pushed a year or two while Doug tried to buy somebody that can podium.

Ha CreamCheese  ^_^

Just throwing some love the way of Dan Martin. He might not be the greatest of cyclists but boy does he have the greatest heart. When you look at guys like Nairo, Bardet, Nibbles all looking each other, waiting for someone else to do the work, it's just so refreshing to see another guy just for it. **** the podium, **** the top 10. Just go balls to the walls and see what happens. That's what everybody wants to see.

******* Quintana is the most annoying cyclist ever. Sits on the front for literally 5 seconds and the flicks his elbow. Words cannot describe how irritating that is.

Dumoulin definitely the strongest rival to Froome again. We'll see how strong Thomas is today and also as the tour goes on but I think it's safe to assume that Froome and Dumoulin are definitely the top 2 GT cyclist in the world right now.

*******  ******* *** **** ******** Tour de France!

http://www.steephill.tv/2018/tour-de-france/photos/stage-11/060-20180718TDF1003.jpg

http://www.steephill.tv/2018/tour-de-france/photos/stage-11/110-20180718TDF1010.jpg

Archived