Tour de France 2018

gummibear

Seems his nose is out of joint as Froome isn't a legend' like him (who has a fair few questions marks over the cleanliness of his career) or Merckx (who has been busted for doping). 

Not helpful as Hinault & Merckx are closely linked to ASO through business & events. Froome's case isn't a doping case like the banned italian riders he's moaning about. It's 1 adverse analytical finding and he's awaiting the process and the result. As such he's allow to ride as per the WADA and UCI rules and if it wasn't for a leek should be being played out in the manner of the rules set up by the UCI and not under the fishbowl of social media. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's 1 adverse analytical finding and he's awaiting the process and the result. As such he's allow to ride as per the WADA and UCI rules and if it wasn't for a leek should be being played out in the manner of the rules set up by the UCI and not under the fishbowl of social media. 

Just think if someone hurts him or his team on the road. Spectators have punched riders before. If that was to happen, I think SKY could sue WADA, ASO and the UCI for endangering his life and livelihood by allowing the info to be leaked, does not matter if he is found guilty or not. But chances are good that they do not want to go that route, trying to not get any more parallels with LA and USP.

Seems his nose is out of joint as Froome isn't a legend' like him (who has a fair few questions marks over the cleanliness of his career) or Merckx (who has been busted for doping). 

Not helpful as Hinault & Merckx are closely linked to ASO through business & events. Froome's case isn't a doping case like the banned italian riders he's moaning about. It's 1 adverse analytical finding and he's awaiting the process and the result. As such he's allow to ride as per the WADA and UCI rules and if it wasn't for a leek should be being played out in the manner of the rules set up by the UCI and not under the fishbowl of social media. 

Yeah, also heard something about a suspension for refusing to be tested, if that's true then not much of a leg to stand on.

His rant tastes alot like sour grapes to me. . .

I'm not sure they could be held accountable for "allowing the info to be leaked"?

It does put the actual person who leaked the "fact" in a very different position though, because they most certainly could be considered responsible for whatever comes next.

Is there a way of making the people who published the story reveal their source or would they just say "it was anonymous"?

Can't decide how I feel about Landa.

He came from Astana. That makes me feel pretty uncomfortable as a jump off point but his form hasn't dipped like a lot of those who have moved on from there. Talking of which, I wonder what Aru's plan will be for the rest of the season but I can't see him going to le tour to support Martin. 

He came from Astana. That makes me feel pretty uncomfortable as a jump off point but his form hasn't dipped like a lot of those who have moved on from there. Talking of which, I wonder what Aru's plan will be for the rest of the season but I can't see him going to le tour to support Martin. 

What do most riders do after failing at the Giro? Target the Vuelta

Couple of reports have said that Pinot is going to the Tour. Once he's recovered from Pneumonia.  :eek:

Nope he's backing his terrible form and logic and heading the Le Tour. So either 'a bigger come back than easter sunday' or a bit more of a beating and taking up a spot that could be used by a decent domestique for Dan Martin. Rather recover, head to the Vuelta and take on the climber friendly world champs course. 

Archived