Tour de France 2018

gummibear

Now I was pleasantly surprised when I bought the TDF race guide yesterday.. bought it for the cover but the race guide is much better than what I remember the last time I bought it. (Which was long ago) normally I download the race book and print it...but this will do nicely..

Stage 12[emoji33]15a6c62cef6261517aaf12737d6594df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I buy it every year and have all since they started . They are good reading and very helpful with rider or team info when watching stages and there are unknown riders in breaks . The  route , profile and time /distance chart are great to use if you want to watch a certain climb or sprint and you can tune in on streaming or TV . 

I buy it every year and have all since they started . They are good reading and very helpful with rider or team info when watching stages and there are unknown riders in breaks . The route , profile and time /distance chart are great to use if you want to watch a certain climb or sprint and you can tune in on streaming or TV .

Oh I couldn't be bothered about their team info and opinions.. it's the comprehensive stage info I am after..can't say what it looked like the last few years as I stopped buying it...but this edition is almost as good as the official race book we normally download.. would still like to see them include more details of the the last km of the stages but this better than what it used to be..

Now I was pleasantly surprised when I bought the TDF race guide yesterday.. bought it for the cover but the race guide is much better than what I remember the last time I bought it. (Which was long ago) normally I download the race book and print it...but this will do nicely..

Stage 12[emoji33]15a6c62cef6261517aaf12737d6594df.jpg

Would the book be available in any Bookstore / PnP / Checkers...or would it be CNA, PNA, etc?

Would the book be available in any Bookstore / PnP / Checkers...or would it be CNA, PNA, etc?

Bought a few at Woolies, give them away to customers.

Bought a few at Woolies, give them away to customers.

Great thanx...will have a look when I visit the shops again  :thumbup:

I have been keeping the eyes peeled for it.

Nothing nowhere yet in Pretoria

I have been keeping the eyes peeled for it.

Nothing nowhere yet in Pretoria

I think I saw some at the bikeshop at Lynnwood Bridge.

Yep as stated..by some hubbers

I got mine at the local Spar.

With the TDF around the corner and team selections being made I had to laugh when I saw Bouhani and Laporte sprinting against each other yesterday....

A few months ago the Cofidis manager was very very critical of Bouhani and it was either shape up or ship out..he is shaping up but Laporte is fighting for his spot in the squad.. that bus ride must have been fun..[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Ya, was wondering about sprinters for the TDF... if the hub is going to host another fantasy league (which i really hope it does)... really not sure who I will pick.

Demare and Kittel don't seem to be anything close to what they were last year.

Ya, was wondering about sprinters for the TDF... if the hub is going to host another fantasy league (which i really hope it does)... really not sure who I will pick.

Demare and Kittel don't seem to be anything close to what they were last year.

Doesn't seem like there will be another Fantasy league..

Well if there was, smart money on Groenewegen and Gaviria.. especially Groenewegen.

Well if there was, smart money on Groenewegen and Gaviria.. especially Groenewegen.

Will miss the fantasy league - but also good to sit back and just enjoy the racing.

Groenewegen does seem to be the man in form this year...

Do you have a complete start list for the race?

This one:

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/tour-de-france/2018/startlist

doesn't seem complete.

Who are your sources?  :mellow:

Archived