Tour de France 2018

gummibear

Not that i have read..

First thing most people commented on is if Astana and Sky (for a previous day)got the same penalty.. i am all for rules and it must be applied consistently.

I wonder if Dumoulin and the team DS worked out the time he would lose without drafting and figured the penalty would be less than time lost on his own‍♀

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Using Froome as an indicator, this is where things stand with the obvious GC contenders:

G Thomas: -59s

R Uran: -18s

A Valverde: -11s

R Majka: -10s

R Porte:-9s

J Fulgsang:-9s

M Landa: -7s

A Yates: 0s

C Froome: 0s

Nibali: 6s

T Dumoulin: 21s

R Bardet: 43s

Realistically we should see some major shifts after the stages on Sunday(Cobbles) and Tuesday(Mountain stage)

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the hype about him being one of the next big sprinters is not being done justice right now. Where has he been in all these stages?

Sitting 15th in the Green Jersey competition, not lighting it up in any sense...

Positions thus far:

6, 32, - , 4, 165, 156

Peter Sagan thus far:

2, 1, - , 2, 1, 8

Don't think Groenewegen could challenge for the green jersey.. the hilly stages too much for him.. but he has been disappointing in the sprints..the QS leadout far too good for the guys who rely on a leadout ..so they find themselves out of position.. has happened to Kittel and Dylan this TDF.. today is the last chance for a long time

. The last 20km will be fierce and fast.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Anyone else notice Dan M's jersey? No zip at all. 

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2018/07/12/2/gettyimages_997124084_670.jpg

Anyone else notice Dan M's jersey? No zip at all. 

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2018/07/12/2/gettyimages_997124084_670.jpg

was on the back  - more aero - so he was planning something for stage 6 for some time.

I wouldn't call it a public outcry but there are plenty of questions being raised about why Tom was given a penalty and none was given to Fuglsang, Jates, Zakarin who all did similar drafts over these first couple of days.

Reminds me of last year where a penalty was given for feeding in the last couple of km's to a non-french rider and then as soon as they showed footage of a frenchie doing the same the jury retracted the penalty.

I would actually prefer the handing out of penalties, as long as it can be applied consistently throughout the TOUR. 

If you can't police it consistently, then don't create the rule in the first place.

I wouldn't call it a public outcry but there are plenty of questions being raised about why Tom was given a penalty and none was given to Fuglsang, Jates, Zakarin who all did similar drafts over these first couple of days.

Reminds me of last year where a penalty was given for feeding in the last couple of km's to a non-french rider and then as soon as they showed footage of a frenchie doing the same the jury retracted the penalty.

I would actually prefer the handing out of penalties, as long as it can be applied consistently throughout the TOUR. 

If you can't police it consistently, then don't create the rule in the first place.

The best would be if you could remove the "french" from the tour de France.

was on the back  - more aero - so he was planning something for stage 6 for some time.

But then doesnt use aero bike or helmet?

The best would be if you could remove the "french" from the tour de France.

I don't know how people who live in the most beautiful country in the world manage to be so grumpy.

I don't know how people who live in the most beautiful country in the world manage to be so grumpy.

If they were like Capetonians that accept Gautengers every holiday season it would be lekker :P

46620106e621dbd870d117aa0ddd844b.jpg

On that note, Savage is riding their way towards le tour. (Keep having to tell them the places they are visiting and what stages have been there.)

Archived