So Arno and Eddie pushing on to Glen Edward.

I believe its gonna show to make a mistake unless they ere gonna ride on very little sleep like Mike last year. You sleep during the night not during day. They are slowish out of Ntiskeni in the dark. I see them maybe two our ahead of last years bunch(except mike who was well ahead) at Sheila's but with no sleep. I believe they tried and failed this strategy before?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Arno and Eddie pushing on to Glen Edward.

I believe its gonna show to make a mistake unless they ere gonna ride on very little sleep like Mike last year. You sleep during the night not during day. They are slowish out of Ntiskeni in the dark. I see them maybe two our ahead of last years bunch(except mike who was well ahead) at Sheila's but with no sleep. I believe they tried and failed this strategy before?

Arno & Eddie are a class act. In 2016 they rode 3d 32 min. They were on par up to Masakala but slept at Masakala and left Malekholonyane 5 hours behind their 2016 schedule (7am 2018 vs 2am 2016). Let's see if the extra rest at Masakala will help them later today/tonight. They are 2 tough guys & if all is well, they will go over Lehanas tonight.

Arno & Eddie are a class act. In 2016 they rode 3d 32 min. They were on par up to Masakala but slept at Masakala and left Malekholonyane 5 hours behind their 2016 schedule (7am 2018 vs 2am 2016). Let's see if the extra rest at Masakala will help them later today/tonight. They are 2 tough guys & if all is well, they will go over Lehanas tonight.

We'll see though I dont get sleeping during the day. Last year the bunch went a lot faster during the day from Ntsikeni to Glen Edward then Mike or Arno and Eddie this year. Day riding is a lot faster and less energy seeping.. Mike is understandable as he doesn't sleep. 

Must say they did do very clean night nav yeasterday on their way to Malek. Hope they can make under 3 days but I believe a sleep in Ntsikeni already and then maybe an hour or two in Malek would have made em go faster. Nice chaps met them on black fountain and then saw them again in vuvu as they caught up wilst I was waiting for chicken a couple of years ago.

Jacques is through masakala already,

in 2016, he left there 6am on his third morning - so he's about 20 hours ahead of that pace.

he finished in 14days12 hours then, so this is a big marker for the rest to follow!

Jacques Tattersal is flying, man on a mission....

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

finally confirmation that marnitz will not be riding this year. I only believe it when I see it!

Ingrid going walkabouts this morning :wacko:

Things look different in the dark.

Been there although on the sligthly higher up cattle path interesting at night. But she did it smoothly It cost me quite some time but she lost barely any, respect.

finally confirmation that marnitz will not be riding this year. I only believe it when I see it!

I'm not riding but racing relentlessly on computer.

I would have loved to raced, but watching the racing is just as good, JT should be the lead rider within the next few day's, only a few km separating him from Tweet an Co.

Questions is, will Tweet a formidable racer then hook up to JT or will he still enjoy the scenery ?

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

I'm not riding but racing relentlessly on computer.

I would have loved to raced, but watching the racing is just as good, JT should be the lead rider within the next few day's, only a few km separating him from Tweet an Co.

Questions is, will Tweet a formidable racer then hook up to JT or will he still enjoy the scenery ?

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

will tweet drop Sarah....hmm, don't see that one happening!

Cool video, but the sound quality is awful. 

done with daily edits each night by a guy who is crossing the country on his motorbike, I didn't notice the sound being too bad.