Hermanus - Holiday Group rides

SUPERMANTRI

Are their any group rides heading out from Onrus/ Hermanus between Christmas/ New Years?

Both MTB and Road.

Starting early with a decent distance and good pace.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are their any group rides heading out from Onrus/ Hermanus between Christmas/ New Years?

Both MTB and Road.

Something to try in hermies which is tons of fun is taking a fat bike from grotto beach to die kelders.  Its a 30K return ride all on the beach almost round walker bay, and if you go when the tide is high and not much hard pack sand you get a PROPER workout.  There are a few bike shops that hire out fat bikes at pretty reasonable rates

Both MTB and Road.

I would be keen to ride - am there over Christmas too. Hermanus to Caledon and back via Hemel-en-Aarde on an early morning is an awesome ride. 

I'm in Fisherhaven from the 29th until the 3rd. I don't know the area at all. I'd love to find some rides to work of the season of excess...

Local groups at 06:00 from Engen at Sandbaai/Hemel&Aarde intersection. Usually road and mtb groups and pace varies. Also a 06:00 holiday group from Voëlklip circle, road and mtb. The Voëlklip bunch use to be 20/30+ over Desember, but numbers has decreased over the years.

I spend most of my December holiday in Stanford.

I would like to meet up with a few riders to do some rides with other people.

Mtb rides I do there are:

- Hemel and Aarde 

- Mtb at Lomond Wine farm outside Gansbaai

- Amazing 80km circular Jeep track through the farms from Stanford through to Baardskeerdersbos and back through Papiesvlei

I still want to ride that gravel mountain pass that comes Valley Road, just after Peregrine that ends at Arrabella golf estate.

Maybe we can organise a WhatsApp group for the Hermanus/Stanford area and coordinate riding plans over the holidays if anyone is keen?

Johan

072 384 5788

- Hemel and Aarde 

- Amazing 80km circular Jeep track through the farms from Stanford through to Baardskeerdersbos and back through Papiesvlei

I still want to ride that gravel mountain pass that comes Valley Road, just after Peregrine that ends at Arrabella golf estate.

Maybe we can organise a WhatsApp group for the Hermanus/Stanford area and coordinate riding plans over the holidays if anyone is keen?

Johan

072 384 5788

Grabouw kleinmond pas - highlands pas.

en ek moet saam stem die roete omd ie dam agter papiesvlei is baie mooi. ons hou vakansie by de kelders en ek ry ook die roete van grootbos, om papiesvlei baardskedersbos. wel toe ek baie fikser en maarder was.

The options are growing in the area.

Some routes you might not be aware of:

Tesselaarsdal - haarkapper route - was part of the Epic

Beloftebos has a new route - part of the Stanford tour

The Klipspringer is a tough 33km loop that can be split into 2 fun loops - I would suggest take the Avoca gravel road and climb the new single track and do the second half of the klipspringer from Lomond Wine tasting area. 17km and about 500m climbing

Black Oyster catcher

The Round house (Dave) in de Kelders does fatbike tours

Wildekrans and Gaf se bos trails (part of Wines to whales)

Groups are riding from Hermanus as well as from Stanford (Sundays from the Caltex garage or Ou meul (next to caltex) - fast and slow groups - do about 40 odd kms

There will be some races in the area over December - Naas does the Struisbaai one.  Triathlon at Lomond on the 16th.

- Hemel and Aarde 

Johan

072 384 5788

Would be keen.

Will be in Goosebay from 18 - 25 December.

Last time I was there, I wanted to this to route:

https://www.strava.com/routes/9471377

Please keep us updated on the WhatsApp group, would like to join. :)

I think everyone just leave their phone numbers on this page if you are keen to join up for group rides in Dec and I'll create a WhatsApp group over the course of the weekend

Grabouw kleinmond pas - highlands pas.

en ek moet saam stem die roete omd ie dam agter papiesvlei is baie mooi. ons hou vakansie by de kelders en ek ry ook die roete van grootbos, om papiesvlei baardskedersbos. wel toe ek baie fikser en maarder was.

Thanks!!

Highlands pass is the name and it looks amazing.

Very keen to ride it, as well as Kogelberg reserve (what's the name of that HUUUUGE climb in there they did in the Epic?)

Edit: Groenlandberg 

Beloftebos has a new route - part of the Stanford tour

i see stanford tour was removed from mtb-adventures website? is it going to happen next year?

hermanus - hemel en aarde -karwyderskraal- loop is a great route

from hermanus - hemel en aarde - turn at karwyderskraal follow it whichever way toward Arabella/kleinmond then either turn up highlands road to peregrine or ride road on to kogelberg and up out the back and back to highlands road

kogelberg requires a permit just fyi

note for the roadies karwyderskraal pass between hemel en aarde tar and karwyderskraal tar road and highlands pass are NOT road bike friendly

Archived