I have a 32t nw Csixx

doesn't come off unless you backpedal with a up shifted gear

yet to to test on proper DH tracks

did hop on a rock and teeth didn't break

so id say they're good

also you can crank flip and it wont come off

and Huck to flat still fine

Edited by Mongooser

They work like every other NW chainring i.e. they hardly ever drop chains , for that price range I'd go with absolute black tho.

Cheaper options as well , cheapie Snaggletooth chainring I got from crc worked just as wel as the absolute black I have on now.

They all work...

• 3 years later...

Hi. Was looking for a place to do this review and thought this was the best thread - even if it hasn't been used in a while! 

I had been running a 30T chainring from another supplier but, every time I had to change the chain (at about 50% use according to the chain checker), I had to also change the chainring... It was becoming a bit expensive so decided to give cSixx chainrings a go (bought and fitted a 34T chainring).

I have just had to change the chain and, with some trepidation, took the bike out for a ride to see if I would need to change the chainring and... no issue, chainring still perfect!

Therefore, it seems that cSixx chainrings (from my first experience of them) are probably quite hard wearing and can last more than one chain. Thus, a big thumbs up from me in the longevity department - when necessary, I would buy cSixx chainrings again (and recommend them to others).

Ciao.

Hi. Was looking for a place to do this review and thought this was the best thread - even if it hasn't been used in a while! 

I had been running a 30T chainring from another supplier but, every time I had to change the chain (at about 50% use according to the chain checker), I had to also change the chainring... It was becoming a bit expensive so decided to give cSixx chainrings a go (bought and fitted a 34T chainring).

I have just had to change the chain and, with some trepidation, took the bike out for a ride to see if I would need to change the chainring and... no issue, chainring still perfect!

Therefore, it seems that cSixx chainrings (from my first experience of them) are probably quite hard wearing and can last more than one chain. Thus, a big thumbs up from me in the longevity department - when necessary, I would buy cSixx chainrings again (and recommend them to others).

Ciao.

I'm very curious about this chainring that you had to change every time you got a new chain. Because that really doesn't seem right. Who was the manufacturer?

I'm very curious about this chainring that you had to change every time you got a new chain. Because that really doesn't seem right. Who was the manufacturer?

Some of the cheaper direct mount chain rings are made of a stiff kind of cheese

Some of the cheaper direct mount chain rings are made of a stiff kind of cheese

Not even a particularly stiff cheese by the sounds of things... Maybe a nice Brie?

Edited by Jehosefat

Had one of these hard cheese chainrings and was told that replacing it with each chain replacement is normal.

So... csixx was the answer.

I ran 4 chains on my last cSixx. I have done a bit of mileage so can say with confidence they are good. Their service is something out of the ordinary too. They reply to emails and actually represent their products well. I would be very surprised to hear otherwise.

How Many KM did you get in total from the Chain Ring. ?

I use the Rapide and I change Chain and Chain Ring Together @ 5000 Km. (Still Spinning Fine and Not Yet at 1.0 Wear).

10 Speed Cassette Seems to Last Forever.

Hi. I would prefer not to say... don't want to tarnish anyone's reputation... Rather, just want to highly recommend cSixx chainrings! However, it happened to me on two or three occasions so I can assure you the story is true. 

Ciao.