2017 Stellenbosch Cycle Tour

LeoKnight

Also saw the winner's time got adjusted from 2:14:something (earlier yesterday) to 2:12:35.

That's because the Savages were not riding fast enough in $

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's because the Savages were not riding fast enough in $

In our defense, this years time was adjusted by 2 minutes, last years time was adjusted by 10 minutes. ;)

Sorry to hear, Shell Belle.

After also losing your front wheel at D Dash.  :blink:

'Dale you have no idea how sad and disappointed I am at this season :(  I was on for a cracker at SCT but obviously wasn't meant to be.  

Not sure I am cut out for this bike racing thing!

'Dale you have no idea how sad and disappointed I am at this season :(  I was on for a cracker at SCT but obviously wasn't meant to be.  

Everyone have bad seasons .. In the beginning of this year I had injury after injury (race stopping injuries)  . Took me off the bike for 3 - 6 weeks at time.  

You were going very strong in last few races, don't let few setbacks get you down.  Have week or two  off, rest relax get yourself healed up.  Your fitness won't go anywhere in that time.

You don't have any pressure anymore, just go and enjoy it now.

Everyone have bad seasons .. In the beginning of this year I had injury after injury (race stopping injuries) . Took me off the bike for 3 - 6 weeks at time.

You were going very strong in last few races, don't let few setbacks get you down. Have week or two off, rest relax get yourself healed up. Your fitness won't go anywhere in that time.

You don't have any pressure anymore, just go and enjoy it now.

Agreed... recovering from setbacks builds character and makes us stronger. @Shell Belle stay strong and remain positive..

'Dale you have no idea how sad and disappointed I am at this season :( I was on for a cracker at SCT but obviously wasn't meant to be.

I understand although I didn't crash, Shell Belle.

????

I punctured twice in 4 outings this past spring. Urrghhh!

The last one was in the final kms after a hard fought fight for position in A bunch a few weeks ago in Sportive #5.

Love the challenge - rain or shine. ????

That is why you call it a bike ride and not a bike race ;)

Oh no !! .. and you were just recovering. Don't be disheartened, there's time enough for the upcoming events in Jan. Take time to recover your mind and body. You shouldn't lose much fitness.

The wet weather obviously changes the dynamics of a race. A lot of riders have little or no experience of riding/racing in the rain, and of course rain lifts the road debris and vehicle oils to the surface, making it worse for punctures and tyre slips. Bunch positioning changes to avoid the gutter (where the most punctures occur in the wet) and wheel spray from the rider in front of you, and this sees the bunch riding on/around the slippery yellow line where the cat-eyes are. Braking is less effective, and you have to constantly feather the brakes to keep them useful. As it is, Gav and I overshot the last left-hander into Stellenbosch and went straight through the cones, between the traffic cars and other traffic, and fortunately found a line into the far right lane further down the road from where we could safely turn the tandem around and resume onto the finish line, losing about a minute but saving our bacon .. and this despite feathering the brakes the whole way down that hill before the turn. I tested the brakes a few times down that hill and decided to go to the outside of the bunch in case, and just as well :-)  All Gav was worried about, was where the other tandems where that we had dropped :D

We were thinking of getting some of the tandems together for a Dec peninsula cruise, so if you and Ali are keen we'll message you.

Well folks, now we can hang up our road bikes to collect some dust until it is time for that quick funride around the peninsula second Sunday in March.  :whistling:

Well folks, now we can hang up our road bikes to collect some dust until it is time for that quick funride around the peninsula second Sunday in March.  :whistling:

Any updates on the wind conditions for that day :eek:

Nah .. there are plenty more road races before then ;-)

Do you mind if I do the 99er?

Archived