Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also a very interesting ITT tomorrow in Jerusalem...will be watching that for SURE!!!

Yeah.. 9.7km..not exactly pan flat either.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah.. 9.7km..not exactly pan flat either.

Getting very excited I must confess... :clap:  :thumbup:

IMO DDD should focus on developing Ben O'Connor.

I'm sure I saw Rolf Aldag say something to this effect in some interview. Definitely a good move if they can keep hold of him. Whether he will be able to make the step-up to 3 week tours we will see from tomorrow, but definitely a good prospect for the 1 week tours.

IMO DDD should focus on developing Ben O'Connor.

They should also not renew with Cavendish and his entourage, a lot of the DDD riders are out of contract at the end of the year..they will have to make smart choices for the future.

BOC is a real talent in the making. He's got that go forward attitude with a good dash of mongrel in him.

I hope they do stay with Cav' he's won a lot for them (equal on most wins in the team this year but that's not saying much). He's bought sponsors, huge coverage, given them a legitimate boost past the 'ahh it's africa's team' underdog appeal, he has huge knowledge, passion about the races and is hectic in getting teams into shape for things like TTT. At the moment all eyes are on him at most races he might have a sniff at unlike any other sprinter around and that generates PR and exposure that in turn gives sponsors value. Come July there will (again) be tons of coverage re the EddyM record all wrapped in DiData. He might have a couple of more years in him at the top so a 1 year would be a good option for an extension. 

BOC is a real talent in the making. He's got that go forward attitude with a good dash of mongrel in him.

I hope they do stay with Cav' he's won a lot for them (equal on most wins in the team this year but that's not saying much). He's bought sponsors, huge coverage, given them a legitimate boost past the 'ahh it's africa's team' underdog appeal, he has huge knowledge, passion about the races and is hectic in getting teams into shape for things like TTT. At the moment all eyes are on him at most races he might have a sniff at unlike any other sprinter around and that generates PR and exposure that in turn gives sponsors value. Come July there will (again) be tons of coverage re the EddyM record all wrapped in DiData. He might have a couple of more years in him at the top so a 1 year would be a good option for an extension.

If he can stay on his bike and make it to the TDF.

If they do have GC hopes they need to start building a team that can support those ambitions .

If they do have GC hopes they need to start building a team that can support those ambitions .

I think this ties in with the proposed Maincheese racing program for the next 2 years. Since he will only be focusing on Giro & Vuelta, they can have Cav going to TDF this year and next (so 1 year extension), gain what they can i.t.o media exposure from Cav and then go full tilt at TDF podium in 2020 (as per team goal). So supporting team will be built around Luigi in the other tours I would say.

Edit. All IMHO of course.

Damn straight! That boy need stay stay up. I'd be guessing the idea would be to keep Cav' taking wins and headlines, get LM or BOC up to the level of a GT podium guy over the next 2 years and build the right team around them along the way. 

I think Maincheese has the ability to out last a lot of riders but I think he lacks the firepower to attack during the GTs and then settle back onto a pace like the current GC top tier riders are doing.

This is possibly why he is also not doing particularly well in ITT. A "low" constant efforts is not fast and possibly his training needs to evolve and build more power to have in reserve. Being able to sit at 95% for the whole stage is great ability but its not going to win races at that level.

I don't like the Yates bros but they have developed quite well to have the reserve needed to counter an attack and launch their own.

all also IMHO. I hope Louis can get to that level and compete it would be awesome and more entertaining for sure!

Hehehe

Details to follow after Stage 16

Shu. You are brave. Stage 19 sounds like a humdinger. I think who's on the podium will be decided by then but the order on the podium could be decided on stage 19. 

RECOMMENDED SICKNESS LEAVE DAYS ????????????

Stage 6: The race’s first uphill finish to Mt. Etna (15km at 6.5%) and the first real indication of who’s climbing well. Plus, the scenery is impressive.

Stage 8: The second uphill finish, to Montevergine di Mercogliano (17.1km at 5%). Hopefully the GC riders come out to play.

Stage 9: The second straight uphill finish and the third in four days. The last climb is a 26.5km effort which gets steeper towards the end (4.5km at 8.2%). Hopefully the GC contenders will stretch their legs here before the second rest day.

Stage 14: Monte Zoncolan, a true monster of a climb and an iconic test for the riders.

Stage 15:: A lumpy stage across the dolomites finishes with a tricky finish into Sappada. This stage doesn’t have the grandiosity of others, but will be sneaky difficult.

Archived