Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

General classification was neutralised after 3rd lap because of the road surface. Riders have been asked to "race" to put on a show for the crowds and fans... hence why there a few breakaways started

And so there goes another GT - with a couple of the most surprising stages we've seen for a while.

Dear Froome Haters

Go

I will be back in 7 days when the worst of the vitriol and bile is spent.

Viva Froomey, the most prolific grand tour winner of his generation [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

One of the best Grand Tours I have ever watched and ecstatic that Froome won from behind to equal Merckx and Hinault's record for the Tiger Slam.

The world needs heroes  :thumbup:

Sam Bennett -  great win, nice guy. and what a beaut of a brunette Celtic gf! Irish eyes to kill!

Dear Froome Haters

Go

I will be back in 7 days when the worst of the vitriol and bile is spent.

Viva Froomey, the most prolific grand tour winner of his generation [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

Sadly for the Froome Dawg fans, the demise of Team Sky’s credibility to their ‘zero-tolerance’ culture has clouded the prestige of this and other performances.

- the testosterone patch shipment / loss medical records

- Wiggins lying in his biography of zero needles despite the highly questionable and timeous use of cortisone

- the question of certain medical practitioners and practices under the Sky canopy

- salbutamol at 2.000 exceeding the relatively generous limit by more than double

Etc ☠️

Hate - no

Questionable - yes

Disturbing parallels while winning trophies - yebo

Above all else, another stunning Giro

As always ????????

Yellow, Red and Pink Jersey Holder. :thumbup:

Now the buildup to see if he can equal EM in winning 4 GTs in a row.

Lets hope some of the Giro unpredictability carries into the TDF.

And a cherry on the cake would be if they can finalize the Salbutomol case already before the first Yellow jersey is presented, but that is probably wishful thinking.

Very interesting top 10

Lots of surprizes - names for the future

DiData and Ben o’ Connor will be down after getting so close

Big losers: Aru, Pinot, Chaves, Yates, Maincheeze

1 Chris Froome (GBr) Team Sky

2 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Sunweb 0:00:46

3 Miguel Angel Lopez (Col) Astana Pro Team 0:04:57

4 Richard Carapaz (Ecu) Movistar Team 0:05:44

5 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) Bahrain-Merida 0:08:03

6 Pello Bilbao (Spa) Astana Pro Team 0:11:50

7 Patrick Konrad (Aut) Bora-Hansgrohe 0:13:01

8 George Bennett (NZl) LottoNL-Jumbo 0:13:17

9 Sam Oomen (Ned) Team Sunweb 0:14:18

10 Davide Formolo (Ita) Bora-Hansgrohe 0:15:16

- salbutamol at 2.000 exceeding the relatively generous limit by more than double

Word is it has been revised to 1.5 times the legal limit. This together with months of delays. Sounds to me like nobody knows what is going on.

Fortunately for me I am of the opinion that most of the pro peloton use something illegal or close to illegal at some point in their careers so while the results change from time to time the only regret I feel is that the new winner never gets the lipstick From the podium girls.

Don't feel special as a disappointed cycling fan, all sports have cheats and plenty of them. Just enjoy the battle. This years Giro was Gladiatorial, quite fitting that it finished in the shadow of the colosseum.

Perhaps Nairo and Movistar will learn a trick about attacking from Sky? Will make the TDF very watchable.

Archived