Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

He’s actually quite lean I think.

Check Wiggo this weekend (from his Instagram)

4f51058605630c893d094e9162908e7b.jpg

0604b02937475bfc7288b9187ea0dc09.jpg

No Socks................... :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:  :eek:  :eek:  :o  :o

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One day the penny will drop... I've read articles like this for the last two decades.

I used to want to pen them myself in fact

This problem didn't start with Froome, it doesn't stop with Froome and it's not just in cycling.

Lovely to see Alberto Contador hanging out at the podium... I guess it's almost in keeping with tradition to have dopers handing out the jerseys.

It's not going anywhere, ever - the goal posts will just move and those that adapt and work within the parameters the best will win.

Enjoy the spectacle - it's a brutal sport and a beautiful story and the best man usually wins  ;)

Most people will just call it Supplements...

Use it within the parameters allowed by the people that make the rules and you will be fine.

If you go over the allowed dosages, people will ridicule you rightly because you are playing outside the rules set down for everyone.

However, everyone calling for Froome's head is conveniently forgetting the rules that allow him to compete while the process is ongoing. 

Unfortunately the margins are so small between the guys at the top that they need to push over the black and white lines into the grey areas and risk it there. Which then forces the regulators to clear up the grey to draw the actual line everyone will use.

Like you said, it didn't start with Froome and it surely won't end with Froome.

Thinking about iRobot, at which point will we see mechanical doping within the human body...? Scary thoughts.. :eek:

He’s actually quite lean I think.

Check Wiggo this weekend (from his Instagram)

4f51058605630c893d094e9162908e7b.jpg

Sir Bradley "rowmaster" Wiggins don't miss arm day. Ever.

However, everyone calling for Froome's head is conveniently forgetting the rules that allow him to compete while the process is ongoing. 

Also forgotten is the news of Froome's AAF was leaked to the world and was meant to be kept under wraps (that's the rules for AAF). It stands to reason that there are others that we don't know about. The person that leaked Froome's AAF clearly had an axe to grind against him/SKY. Heck, it could even be <insert name of favourite rider>

If we didn't know of his AAF, this fiasco wouldn't be happening, and everyone would have to find a different reason to denigrate Froome's performance. c'est la vie... 

If we didn't know of his AAF, this fiasco wouldn't be happening, and everyone would have to find a different reason to denigrate Froome's performance. c'est la vie... 

I also notice a lot of context is changed by the media in word selection.

Froome did not test positive for a banned substance and afaik never has. He had an above threshold amount of a substance which is legal to take and which does not even require a TUE.

Yes there are rules and he may or may not get sanctioned for being above the limit for a drug which gives no performance gain. Yet sometimes the way this fiasco goes on, it seems to imply he got caught mixing steroids, EPO and jewish baby blood to gain an advantage - not the case.

Yates on the other hand has actually served a 4 month ban for taking a banned substance that DID require a TUE. No one remembered that when they were praising the heavens for having an alternative to Froome winning.

Agreed Nakoota. I see Cyclingnews.com is using "tested positive" instead of the official and technically correct 'adverse analytical finding".

People are also drawing comparisons between Froome/Sky and Armstrong/US Postal which is ludicrous. A controlled substance versus a team wide EPO and Testosterone programme complete with bribing and threatening. Crazy crazy.

Chris screwed the pooch no doubt but people's emotions are getting the better of their brains!

You'll never convince those who don't want to be convinced.

I'd like to know how many other current riders are being investigated that we don't know about. Might be an interesting list to see.

I missed what actually happened to Yates...anyone?

Week 3 happened to Yates.

It was loaded with ascent and he ran out of legs after earlier efforts.

Watch the 95 Rugby WC final. Compared to modern professional Rugby players they all look like 3rd team Sacs boys. But Cycling a dirty sport. Do me a F&$@ing favour.

Watch the 95 Rugby WC final. Compared to modern professional Rugby players they all look like 3rd team Sacs boys. But Cycling a dirty sport. Do me a F&$@ing favour.

A year or two back there was an article about how the SA Schools team weighs the same or more on average than the 95 Boks did.

The list of things some kids at 'rugby' schools have been caught with, include a (no doubt hideously expensive) substance that my mom recognised as one of the things she had to take when she had breast cancer.

Are things in cycling 100% clean? Nope, probably never will be.

But I think it is far cleaner than 15yo kids doing backsquats with 150+ kg.

Archived