Kingdom Enduro Lesotho March 2018

Headshot

Funny how 7k is expensive for a 3 day enduro, but guys don't sniff twice at paying more than that to ride W2W...

Just saying......

ja but you get that lekker tight kit at W2W and then you and your china can do your regular Saturday morning ride at Conters/Hoogies/Meerendal in matching kit...

Funny how 7k is expensive for a 3 day enduro, but guys don't sniff twice at paying more than that to ride W2W...

Just saying......

I am sure it will fill up with foreigners and Joburgers pronto :-)

I have never paid that to race a stage race and I never will so coughing that plus travel i.e a total of R10k at least is a bridge too far. I bet you could go ride some awesome trails there as part of a far cheaper road trip/holiday. 

But thats just me and my financial position at present talking. Maybe if I start saving now for 2019 :-) 

Edited by Headshot

ja but you get that lekker tight kit at W2W and then you and your china can do your regular Saturday morning ride at Conters/Hoogies/Meerendal in matching kit...

Anyone know how to treat burnt nostrils?! hahahahaha

I have never paid that to race a stage race and I never will so coughing that plus travel i.e a total of R10k at least is a bridge too far. I bet you could go ride some awesome trails there as part of a far cheaper road trip/holiday. 

But thats just me and my financial position at present talking. Maybe if I start saving now for 2019 :-) 

I hear you... I am in the same boat.

I'm also taking a self imposed ban (WP XCO series exempt) from racing bikes between now and EA in May. 

With Tokai riding so rad and Stellies a veritable chest of trail jizz, going any further than that to ride seems a waste

• 2 weeks later...

Yep its an expensive weekend out- night s in bed vs 2 nights in a tent (w2w). We are trying to make an awesome sustainable event with rad riding that very different to anything anyone can ride RSA and the rest of the world. Looking forward to having you.

Ahhh.... super pumped for this but the timing is 100% bad. Jan the 8th and all would be sweet.  :(

Timing is always a mare. Hopefully catch you next time!

https://kingdomenduro.com

This looks to be a tough and fun event. I was keen until I saw the cost per rider - that and the petrol price hike just announced. An expensive exercise if you are a from Cape Town.

I know quite a crew looking to come up from Cape Town. May be worth clubbing together for a road trip- stop at Garden Route trail park for a day. 

• 3 weeks later...

Last year I was lucky enough to ride both Peru and Lesotho Mega Enduro. I wouldn't miss this for anything. Signed up yesterday!!!. Lesotho is truly like nowhere else. Apart from the intense logistical challenge for the organisers, The riding is sublime. The texture is unreal. Really fun and mad..

Anyway 4 nights accommodation and all meals and transfers is fair in my opinion.. Amped !!

Edited by HAKAHANA TRAILS

• 5 months later...