Cradle new MTB trail 360 thank you for the hard work

glassrep@gmail.com

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you to Glen and TK for cutting the new trail around the cradle. It’s going to be fun doing 360 off road around the cradle.

Great community service thanks again

Rode part of the new sections last week and had such fun. Also saw some additional bits today coming down from Beyers Naude towards Bidon Bistro whilst I was on the road. Also looks like a great addition. I was wondering who these trail fairies are, and what they need in terms of support/time etc to keep up the great work that we all enjoy making use of?

Also saw the new routes.

This can't be easy or cheap, does anyone know how we can support these guys with time, muscle or dollars?

Also saw the new routes.

This can't be easy or cheap, does anyone know how we can support these guys with time, muscle or dollars?

As far as I know the route is funded by Mogale City themselves in an effort to attract tourism

Where can I get more info on the new routes?

If you've ridden a tarred cradle loop, the MTB trail is within metres of this. The new bits, I've seen are downhill (presumably to fit with the CW direction of the rest) from Beyers to the school circle and then from that circle over to Kloofzicht.

If you haven't ridden the tarred cradle, google, or search on Forums here; there's plenty of info in response to 'where's the cradle?' There's a Bicycle/Ride feature written by our own Andrew Steers kicking around on google... 

If you've ridden a tarred cradle loop, the MTB trail is within metres of this. The new bits, I've seen are downhill (presumably to fit with the CW direction of the rest) from Beyers to the school circle and then from that circle over to Kloofzicht.

If you haven't ridden the tarred cradle, google, or search on Forums here; there's plenty of info in response to 'where's the cradle?' There's a Bicycle/Ride feature written by our own Andrew Steers kicking around on google...

Thanks Fat Bob. I know the existing Mtb route. So the new route is down Beyers Naude from the circle and then right again towards the start of the existing route?

Good morning all, and thanks for all the positive feedback. 

For a bit more information, the N3 Gateway Tourism Association, in partnership with Terra Firma Trail Solutions (Glenn Harrison) and CESBE (Pty) Ltd, has been awarded the contract by the Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site Management Authority to build a 14km mountain bike trail within the road reserve of the D374 and D101. This is an extension of the existing 18km Cradle Gateway-2-Gateway mountain bike trail, and the end result will be a full circular loop.

The project kicked off at the end of 2017, and is estimated to reach completion at the end of April 2018 (latest). As mentioned in the earlier posts, the trail is visible and people have started to ride it - but here is where we need to ask politely that riders stay off the trail until it is completed. We know this will be difficult as enthusiasm levels are high, but it is a health and safety requirement, and any kind of accident could result in the project being delayed.

By the end of this week yellow signs will start appearing on the trail, as well as barricades and danger tape, asking riders to please stay off the incomplete trail. If you could please respect these measures and perhaps share with your friends and riding associates who may be heading out to check out the new trails, that would be appreciated.

If you have any questions regarding the Cradle Trail project, please feel free to contact Matthew Drew on matthewd@n3gateway.com

Edited by KathF