Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

Since Froome's 'positive' would have been secret if it had not been leaked to the press, it makes you wonder how many more incidents have been lurking around that we just never heard about. 

or how many are currently racing in the pro peleton with exactly the same scenario as CF, but with lips shut?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Froome's 'positive' would have been secret if it had not been leaked to the press, it makes you wonder how many more incidents have been lurking around that we just never heard about. 

The Secret Pro sums it up well:

Obviously, he has the right to jump in with us. But every time he does the race becomes secondary. All the headlines are about him and his case and how F’ed up our sport is. Why do you think so many journalists suddenly decided to cover a small race in Spain? They were everywhere, like buzzards to a carcass.

Here’s what it comes down to for me, and a lot of others think the same: If Froome really cared about the sport as much as some fans care about him, he would leave that number off until he resolves the issue. It is a tough spot to be in for him, I get it. But Froomey likes the training more than most. So just do that, buddy.

Perhaps you say, “but he hasn’t been found guilty, so why can’t he race!?” As I said: For the sport. The sport we all love.

And then there is the crazy Mennonite on Wiggins:

"For a guy like Wiggins, who was too heavy and not a climber, corticoids would be just as beneficial as steroids, EPO and blood doping, because if he didn't use it then he wouldn't have been able to get that skinny, and all the EPO in the world wouldn't have helped him get over the mountains," Landis said. "People shouldn't downplay what has gone on. He was using steroids. They kicked me out and they took my title for that. They better ******* take his."

"I don't think a few of the guys like Froome and Brailsford realise how ******* smug and contemptible they look," Landis said. "They think that they come off looking smart, but they just look like the biggest assholes on Earth. They thought they were on top of the world and they thought it was all fun and games but Brailsford, no one is ever going to trust that guy again.

For Landis, the most disappointing aspect is that the sport of cycling moves from one crisis to the next.

"It's all going to happen again," he said. "One team will be taken down and then another team will pop up, from a country with new fans who don't know what cycling is really like. They'll yell and scream and there will be a bunch of drugs and it'll be the same old ******* story."

Ahh Landis - the man who stands to make whistle blower millions from taking drugs, lying about taking drugs, stealing money to fight lying about drugs and then squealing like a piggie. He makes Froome, Brailsford and WIGGO look like paragons of virtue.

Ahh Landis - the man who stands to make whistle blower millions from taking drugs, lying about taking drugs, stealing money to fight lying about drugs and then squealing like a piggie. He makes Froome, Brailsford and WIGGO look like paragons of virtue.

Hey you leave Floyd alone, he's the oke who had the balls to take down the Uniballer.

Plus his 'company' Floyd's of Leadville is now sponsoring the cyclingnews podcast, so he is putting back into the sport.

Actually, he's not a whole different from Froome or Wiggins (there is a small part of me that feels sorry for those two - they are pawns in a waaaaaay bigger game).

His point is - skip all the bits in between, and just squeal like a piggy. Playing the long winded "I'm the victim of a conspiracy" ultimately has the same outcome, just costs more and causes more grief.

Hey you leave Floyd alone, he's the oke who had the balls to take down the Uniballer.

Plus his 'company' Floyd's of Leadville is now sponsoring the cyclingnews podcast, so he is putting back into the sport.

He had the balls to take down the Uniballer? Floyd ducked, dived and snivelled like a Livewrong disciple until his only option was squealing. The man has ZERO morality or cred in my book.

He had the balls to take down the Uniballer? Floyd ducked, dived and snivelled like a Livewrong disciple until his only option was squealing. The man has ZERO morality or cred in my book.

And day by day BW ,  CF and DB are heading the same way .....

No no. He was just playing the Omerta game. When Lance refused to give him a spot on the team he went full retard and took down everything!

No no. He was just playing the Omerta game. When Lance refused to give him a spot on the team he went full retard and took down everything!

Exactly, it was not balls that took them down, it was jealousy.

Exactly, it was not balls that took them down, it was jealousy.

Yip.. they left him out to dry and only and only then did he start spilling the beans..had they supported him (read gotten him off)they way they did the rest of them he would never had said a word...he wasn't part of their little separate group.

Not one of them who spilt the beans did it for the good of the sport it was all self serving..write a book and make some cash.

Hamilton has probably made more money from his book and his gig as a speaker at events than cycling.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

And day by day BW , CF and DB are heading the same way .....

There is no comparison. Lance and Co took illegal drugs in massive doses and blood doped. Sky (at best and yet to be proven) abused the TUE system.

There is no comparison. Lance and Co took illegal drugs in massive doses and blood doped. Sky (at best and yet to be proven) abused the TUE system.

And.... LAnce never actually* tested positive

*Disclaimer

And Froome Dawg lines up at Tirreno'

What a messy business

Eish

Yup. Legally allowed to but morally shouldn't.

How dare you? Expect a Cease and Desist letter from Grey Manrod LLC for these baseless accusations

HomepageSlideshow_FloydLandis_062111_Art

edit: forgot to add in the picture

Archived