Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

Damn! That was an all "social media " interview - awesome breakfast television!

One smart woman, one dim woman and two dolts in between.

Body language, admiration for Armstrong and it must be true because David Millar said so. Holyshibbles.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn! That was an all "social media " interview - awesome breakfast television!

One smart woman, one dim woman and two dolts in between.

Body language, admiration for Armstrong and it must be true because David Millar said so. Holyshibbles.

Which one was the smart woman?

Which one was the smart woman?

The athlete they interviewed - Sharran somebody or other.

The athlete they interviewed - Sharran somebody or other.

Sharon Davies - swimmer. Wasn't v impressed with her. That whole programme, and anything with Piers Morgan in it alas, is about sensationalism. I though David W at least had some justification for his view on Wiggo. Obviously the missing sports medicine interviewee phoned in sick, maybe with asthma....... :blush:

Sharon Davies - swimmer. Wasn't v impressed with her. That whole programme, and anything with Piers Morgan in it alas, is about sensationalism. I though David W at least had some justification for his view on Wiggo. Obviously the missing sports medicine interviewee phoned in sick, maybe with asthma....... :blush:

Sadly modern media seems to be more and more about sensationalism. Facts be damned!

Or, if you read some sensationalist modern journalism, it often spouts opinion as fact by stating an opinion and following it up with the word 'Fact!'... I have seen this prevalent in quite a few local articles in the cycling magazines and interviews lately... it irks my boggle

Or, if you read some sensationalist modern journalism, it often spouts opinion as fact by stating an opinion and following it up with the word 'Fact!'... I have seen this prevalent in quite a few local articles in the cycling magazines and interviews lately... it irks my boggle

Fact!

No different from most Fridays round here.... :ph34r: .

Not a Piers Morgan fan but a good bit, and I don't have a problem with Walsh, considering he pinned his colours to the Lance the Doper mast back in the day of many a gob-smacked believer.

He also did a stint 'embedded' with Team Sky to prove how clean they were.

But I get back to this question, which for me defines the whole shabang:  IF such TUE's were not supposed to be kept secret, would they have still got The Wig all doped up "legally" before those Grand Tours? They probably knew it would be ethically indefensible BUT they counted on those treatments being secret and not public knowledge.

Tour de France organisers tight-lipped over reports saying Chris Froome may be blocked from racing

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cycling/2018/03/21/tour-de-france-organisers-tight-lipped-despite-reports-claiming/

I honestly wish they would stop the whole..we want this resolved as fast as possible crap...they are the ones stalling.

The only reason for the delay is to let Froome ride the Giro and possibly TDF and then say oops negligent and take the ban from day of verdict..that way he keeps all results..

ASO have a nice clause that has something to do about the image if cycling and event so they could deny him entry and would be within their rights..the same way Froome is within his rights to continue riding..[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

But I get back to this question, which for me defines the whole shabang:  IF such TUE's were not supposed to be kept secret, would they have still got The Wig all doped up "legally" before those Grand Tours? They probably knew it would be ethically indefensible BUT they counted on those treatments being secret and not public knowledge.

Exactly.

Especially given their whole "new generation", "marginal gains", "no known dopers on our team" schpeel.

If you want to be seen as transparent, the best way to do that is to operate in a transparent manner. Submit your rider data to Bike Pure. Sign up to the MPCC. Conduct your business out in the open. If you can't do that, then you're probably doing something that you think others won't approve of, and while not illegal, those things are probably morally and ethically dodgy!

In related news, I see the new, new, new defence is to go after the tests and show how unreliable they are. Not all the tests, just the tests that Froome failed. The tests that Froome passed are super reliable and should never be questioned. And all those other cyclists who have passed the Salbutamol test must be worried, because the results are super unreliable, but only in one case.

Why just Froome?Sky as a team should be blocked from racing.

Why just SKY, what about all the other riders/Teams that are currently under investigations which haven't been leaked.

Hell, we could end up with a Conti team winning.

Lets be honest, between cycling, cricket, the Russians, every other sport with money and the as yet "have not been caught" who can you believe in?

It's becoming a joke, really.

Lets be honest, between cycling, cricket, the Russians, every other sport with money and the as yet "have not been caught" who can you believe in?

It's becoming a joke, really.

Who cares about them, we are after SKY and only SKY!

Archived