Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

It was the wifey's birthday yesterday, and we both had plates full of Sushi for dinner. I'm worried about the Sushi rice. Oh well, I'm going to burn it off with a run after work.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I unfortunately have only stumbled across this thread now! Last year was a fantastic year for me, I lost 31kg last year alone (I was 132kg), and have kept it off despite the annual feasting that takes place over christmas and new years.

I have no idea how to enter and track my progress for this challenge? I am keen to drop another 10kgs or so.

So:

Height: 1.93m

Starting weight: 101kg

Goal weight: 90kg

Edited by Juddvdb

So I unfortunately have only stumbled across this thread now! Last year was a fantastic year for me, I lost 31kg last year alone (I was 132kg), and have kept it off despite the annual feasting that takes place over christmas and new years.

I have no idea how to enter and track my progress for this challenge? I am keen to drop another 10kgs or so.

So:

Height: 1.93m

Starting weight: 101kg

Goal weight: 90kg

That is a commendable achievement . Well done . I  am now at the same point as you with my weight and goal . Do you have a diet that you follow and what kind of training do you do ? Open the spread sheet and enter your details and save it .

That is a commendable achievement . Well done . I  am now at the same point as you with my weight and goal . Do you have a diet that you follow and what kind of training do you do ? Open the spread sheet and enter your details and save it .

Thanks very much.

I started off slowly but I am at a point now where I meal prep everything. Breakfast is muesli and milk, or oats. Lunch is a lean protein (chicken or fish mainly) with veg (I really enjoy the stir fry veg option) and dinner is protein and veg only. snacks between each meal consist of fruit, protein shake, nuts, biltong, boiled eggs, avo. Depends on what i want for the day.

"Training" is about 6 out of 7 days a week. I play a lot of sport, do running races or ride my bike over weekends. During the week is Gym with weight training, high reps and low weight.

I am planning my first half marathon by april and full marathon by october.

Will have to do the spreadsheet at home. Works firewall is blocking me.

Ok, so I have returned from my Switzerland holiday of which way to much beer, chocolates, breads and cheese was consumed. Target for the meantime is to see double digit figures, so 98kg for me.

Ok, so I have returned from my Switzerland holiday of which way to much beer, chocolates, breads and cheese was consumed. Target for the meantime is to see double digit figures, so 98kg for me.

Ja it's mainly the beer, bread and sugar that put weight back on me. You will lose weight if you cut those things out.

So officially started my low carbs, no sugar diet today since i also started work today :) Bowl of muesli and milk, fruits and crackers with cheese for lunch. Drinking lots of water. I added a slice of lemon so i enjoy consuming. Going for a peddle this Saturday after been off the saddle for more than a month. Need to keep this momentum!

So officially started my low carbs, no sugar diet today since i also started work today :) Bowl of muesli and milk, fruits and crackers with cheese for lunch. Drinking lots of water. I added a slice of lemon so i enjoy consuming. Going for a peddle this Saturday after been off the saddle for more than a month. Need to keep this momentum!

I also like to have some sparkling water when I can't stand another mouthful of plain water.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I also like to have some sparkling water when I can't stand another mouthful of plain water.

I much prefer carbonated water. There are studies pointing to fizzy water stimulating ghrelin which is the hormone that drives hunger. Anecdotally, I've found that on fasting days, fizzy water does throw things out of whack. So keep that in mind. As always, YMMV

Ja it's mainly the beer, bread and sugar that put weight back on me. You will lose weight if you cut those things out.

Ja, but the beers are so nice.

I much prefer carbonated water. There are studies pointing to fizzy water stimulating ghrelin which is the hormone that drives hunger. Anecdotally, I've found that on fasting days, fizzy water does throw things out of whack. So keep that in mind. As always, YMMV

Shot thx. Did not know that.

There's many benefits of Lemon water, I haven't had it yonks.

http://www.health24.com/Diet-and-nutrition/Weight-loss/How-lemon-juice-and-hot-water-can-help-you-lose-weight-20150408