Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

What did not work well

- Lack of healthy options when buying lunch

this is a huge problem...if you spend lots of time on the road during the day...a coke and chips is way cheaper and easier than trying to find an "expensive" healthy food option...packing lunch just becomes a mission. 

i am back in the triple digits again :(

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weight definitely not coming down as quick as I'd like or hoped... had some injuries which don't help and works been tough with some very long hours at times which always throws the diet.

Massive month ahead though, peak Comrades training with a marathon and two Ultras packed in around the Argust. Travelling a fair bit too which isn't ideal, but pretty focused these last few weeks and determined to kick on... want to be back around 88kgs come month end

Some guys doing great things on here, keep it up. And to the guys not quite hitting their straps, just remember the only person to blame for your weight is you, and the only person who can fix this is you. Want it, and do it  :thumbup: 

Good luck everyone

this is a huge problem...if you spend lots of time on the road during the day...a coke and chips is way cheaper and easier than trying to find an "expensive" healthy food option...packing lunch just becomes a mission. 

Same boat and changed this and managed to lose 4kg with just changing my lunch. use to have whatever was at the garage when i stopped coke chippies sandwich.

What i do now is i stop mainly at Pic and Pay spar etc and looked for precooked grilled chicken or hake and salad or veg. If i have to stop at garage i buy biltong or nuts and 1liter sparkling water. Enough to last me till home time.

One of the biggest tips I can give you here is meal prep

It has been one of my main reasons for success in my journey. I buy a bunch of groceries on the weekend ( Chicken breast, brown rice and veg). Cook all of it on Sunday (Takes about 1.5 hours all in, including cleaning up and dishes) and portion it out into 5 Tupperware boxes. Straight into the fridge and I simply take one out every morning on my way to work.

Healthy lunch for work - SORTED! :thumbup:  

One of the biggest tips I can give you here is meal prep

It has been one of my main reasons for success in my journey. I buy a bunch of groceries on the weekend ( Chicken breast, brown rice and veg). Cook all of it on Sunday (Takes about 1.5 hours all in, including cleaning up and dishes) and portion it out into 5 Tupperware boxes. Straight into the fridge and I simply take one out every morning on my way to work.

Healthy lunch for work - SORTED! :thumbup:  

i  go through stages of this...pack lunch loose weight...then shyte happens...work challenge vary...get really busy on site...go home and sleep...wake up back to site...loose the routine and back to coke and chips...its a vicious cycle...the sad part ...i know what i have to do...i have the cooler box and all the containers...and what i need to eat.

the challenge for me is no longer what and how to do it...its just doing it month after month...everyday i see people with the same challenge...for 2 years i noticed a youngster going to gym every afternoon...the lad was looking strong at one stage...now he looks ridiculous...the muscle is no longer firm...and he has a size beer poep...he is just one of many...one of my customers is another example...he got a personal trainer to go to his house...dropped the fat...started looking well...now he weighs 140 kg and looks hectic...with all sorts of medical issues.

there are some people reading this post thinking...man i have also been there...we are just human and pumped on a daily basis with crap to eat and shyte to buy...fast food (junk food) outlets...you can even get the junk delivered to your property...try order a chicken salad ;)

however there is hope for all of us...just keep trying...dont loose focus no matter how little you loose or how much you put on...last year i put on 11 kg at one stage...then dropped it near the end of the year...the most important part of this weight loss challenge is not how much you can loose...its about making it a habit and eating healthy.

Hit the target this morning of 97kg , now for the next one at 95 kg and then ive set it at 1kg  loss per month after that . I know that once  the rides become easier  i lose weight slower once i i get fitter .More miles but also more intense on my short training rides . 

post-111826-0-78516300-1519898956_thumb.jpg

93.9 for me today. Slowly getting to where I want to be. Thanks guys I'll up the weight till I feel strong enough to move to the next.

Sho, you guys are inspiring!!! Thought I was the only guy sukkeling to get in shape!

After 5 years of doing no exercise and having a job where halve the time I was on the road and only eating take-aways, and the rest of the time my office was next to a coffee shop that literally served me lunch through the kitchen backdoor in front of my PC, I finally quit that job and are now in a better position where it is actually possible to get into a routine.

I started cycling again last year June on 125.1kg, and today I am on 100.1kg. Could probably have been even better if it wasn't for a month long honeymoon in September and December Holidays. Both those set me back a few kilograms because a steak is a steak and a beer is a beer and I don't know how to say no to those things when on holiday.

My next weight target is 95kg by April, and then 90kg by June..aiming for a total of 35kg loss in a one year period.

This Saturday will be the first race I enter since I started cycling again. The Cape Town Cycle Tour MTB Challenge 40km. Before this my last race was probably in 2002, and I can't remember ever nipping as bad about a race as I'm doing now!

Sho, you guys are inspiring!!! Thought I was the only guy sukkeling to get in shape!

After 5 years of doing no exercise and having a job where halve the time I was on the road and only eating take-aways, and the rest of the time my office was next to a coffee shop that literally served me lunch through the kitchen backdoor in front of my PC, I finally quit that job and are now in a better position where it is actually possible to get into a routine.

I started cycling again last year June on 125.1kg, and today I am on 100.1kg. Could probably have been even better if it wasn't for a month long honeymoon in September and December Holidays. Both those set me back a few kilograms because a steak is a steak and a beer is a beer and I don't know how to say no to those things when on holiday.

My next weight target is 95kg by April, and then 90kg by June..aiming for a total of 35kg loss in a one year period.

This Saturday will be the first race I enter since I started cycling again. The Cape Town Cycle Tour MTB Challenge 40km. Before this my last race was probably in 2002, and I can't remember ever nipping as bad about a race as I'm doing now!

That's how I put on weight from 2012 to 2014, lost weight in 2015, then put weight back on last year. Where I work, McDonalds and KFC are within walking distance, and then there's a pie shop down the road, along with another takeaway place.

Started the year on 99.6kg, now down to 87.7. My goal is 80kg for this year but if I can lose another 5kg beyond my target weight then even better. It sounds doable, but my problem is that I'm limited to what exercises I can do. My Chiropractor told me not to run anymore, and he suggests walking, cycling and swimming. Been doing Tae Bo during the week and if the weather is good then I go for a cycle on the weekends, but Tae Bo gets boring after a while, and I'm not sure how many calories I would burn from walking, and I'm not going to join Virgin Active just for the use of their pool.

"Both those set me back a few kilograms because a steak is a steak and a beer is a beer and I don't know how to say no to those things when on holiday.".

A truer word has never been spoken...