Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

Just got back from a work trip last night. On the scale this morning, I am down to 94.4, from 115.1 on the 1st of Jan and 107.3 at the end of Jan. Funny enough, I am feeling better about the slower weight loss in feb as I have been far more balanced in my approach - Even had a couple of pints of Guinness the other night.

One thing I have noticed is that my climbing on my MTB is getting stronger quite quickly, and in fact, on some hills, I am quicker than I have been for years, despite being far less fit than I was previously.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from a work trip last night. On the scale this morning, I am down to 94.4, from 115.1 on the 1st of Jan and 107.3 at the end of Jan. Funny enough, I am feeling better about the slower weight loss in feb as I have been far more balanced in my approach - Even had a couple of pints of Guinness the other night.

One thing I have noticed is that my climbing on my MTB is getting stronger quite quickly, and in fact, on some hills, I am quicker than I have been for years, despite being far less fit than I was previously.

wow dude that is a lot of kg's less to drag up those hills.

congrates ont he weight loss. it will only be the best present you can give yourself

last year I dropped a massive 33kg, and Jan i lost the most, and it slowly declined.. even with a few months of relative little movement on the scales.. but as long as you are moving towards your goal its all good, as to the climbing.. for almost 2 years of virtually no training, and the last of that basically just working on my diet and weight loss through diet.. I did surprisingly well in my December cycling madness, and managed to do a ride,and felt very good afterwards..  that the last time I attempted it 2 years before.. struggled, walked most of it and generally felt terrible the whole way, and let me repeat... I didn't really train or exercise for 2 years.. not cycling fit at all..

things I have noticed just with weight loss, I feel Fantastic, my Back is less problematic. and i can do stuff like going to the mall and window shopping without my back absolutely killing me afterwards, My asthma problem has all but vanished..and have not used a pump in 6 months at least, where I was using it every day.

this year my goal is to get down to 83Kg, currently sitting at 93Kg's from my original 128Kg beginning of last year.. that will give me a total of 100lb loss. but I've also started training and exercising, which will only help me lose the final bit of spare tire..

congrates ont he weight loss. it will only be the best present you can give yourself

last year I dropped a massive 33kg, and Jan i lost the most, and it slowly declined.. even with a few months of relative little movement on the scales.. but as long as you are moving towards your goal its all good, as to the climbing.. for almost 2 years of virtually no training, and the last of that basically just working on my diet and weight loss through diet.. I did surprisingly well in my December cycling madness, and managed to do a ride,and felt very good afterwards.. that the last time I attempted it 2 years before.. struggled, walked most of it and generally felt terrible the whole way, and let me repeat... I didn't really train or exercise for 2 years.. not cycling fit at all..

things I have noticed just with weight loss, I feel Fantastic, my Back is less problematic. and i can do stuff like going to the mall and window shopping without my back absolutely killing me afterwards, My asthma problem has all but vanished..and have not used a pump in 6 months at least, where I was using it every day.

this year my goal is to get down to 83Kg, currently sitting at 93Kg's from my original 128Kg beginning of last year.. that will give me a total of 100lb loss. but I've also started training and exercising, which will only help me lose the final bit of spare tire..

Incredible - well done

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yip, weight loss plays a big part in cycling. I would rather lose the weight I need to get better times at events, and ride my aluminium bicycle than go out and buy a carbon.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Blixem! That is almost 0.4 kg per day! Congrats!

Haha.

I'll listen out for the screams coming from your suburb tomorrow morning... :P

Still on goal after this week.

Think I must check if I can go down another 2kgs

post-2110-0-66541900-1519386655_thumb.jpeg

I eventually started taking this seriously beginning of this month. Down just over 4kg. whoop

Just cut out most sugar and carbs and drinking less. Amazing what sugar does!

But to be honest, a bit worried about sagging boepens later on(still need to loose 16kg), can already feel a difference in consistency in the old boep.

I broke my cardinal rule of only weighing on Mondays, weighed yesterday, down 17kg on the dot from 1 Jan, 154kg to 137kg also done very close to 1000km for the year so far, averaging about 120km a week with biggest ride so far 50km at an average speed of 25kph

G’s guys! Well done. Some serious inspiration here. Not only in weight loss but challenging yourself. Things that seem impossible are actually doable. Small things for me that have happned is I quit smoking and I’m not as impulsive whith buying things. All these self discipline victories for me are great!

I broke my cardinal rule of only weighing on Mondays, weighed yesterday, down 17kg on the dot from 1 Jan, 154kg to 137kg also done very close to 1000km for the year so far, averaging about 120km a week with biggest ride so far 50km at an average speed of 25kph

Flip, that is incredible. Well done.

Tbank you thank you, thank you. Please okes, socks. Your bare feet gross me out big time

I'd rather show you my two feet than my three inches....