Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

Ja right :lol:

It's actually really got me keen for a braai.

Haven't had one since Christmas Eve last year, but, I'm the braai master on Saturday for about 20 people so I'll get it out my system then (It's my sister's birthday on the weekend. She's up from Durban and has very kindly invited half of Gauteng to my house...haha)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually really got me keen for a braai.

Haven't had one since Christmas Eve last year, but, I'm the braai master on Saturday for about 20 people so I'll get it out my system then (It's my sister's birthday on the weekend. She's up from Durban and has very kindly invited half of Gauteng to my house...haha)

Okay, the missus and I will be in Gauteng on Saturday then :w00t:

Also super keen to turn meat on the grill again, I last braai'ed on the 14th of Jan.

Umm that does not look like a fillet meat stack .....

But, on the topic of protein.

Yum Yum peanut butter, the unsalted and non sweetened one .... safe to eat while moving to a LCHF diet?

Umm that does not look like a fillet meat stack .....

But, on the topic of protein.

Yum Yum peanut butter, the unsalted and non sweetened one .... safe to eat while moving to a LCHF diet?

Generally peanut butter is not the green list with lchf diets. I still like the one you have mentioned and think it is a good filler with good fatty content

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Ok so Feb was a complete fail for me. So frustrated by it. It started on the 2nd of Feb with my wife's birthday where I allowed myself to have some cake for the occasion, that just kinda set the tone for the month. Combined with a huge amount of long hours at work and not enough training I ended up 1.6 kg heavier than where I started the month, but at least still down from the beginning of the year. Oh well, lets try again!

I did cut out most sugars.

Tried to cycle 3 x a week. 2x25km and 1x70km / week

Sold my 95kg-105kg ofroad/enduro bike suspension springs and replaced with my 85kg-95kg springs. So I had no choice other than to lose the weight.

Zero alcohol for 6 weeks.

No fizzy drinks or chips.

i  go through stages of this...pack lunch loose weight...then shyte happens...work challenge vary...get really busy on site...go home and sleep...wake up back to site...loose the routine and back to coke and chips...its a vicious cycle...the sad part ...i know what i have to do...i have the cooler box and all the containers...and what i need to eat.

the challenge for me is no longer what and how to do it...its just doing it month after month...everyday i see people with the same challenge...for 2 years i noticed a youngster going to gym every afternoon...the lad was looking strong at one stage...now he looks ridiculous...the muscle is no longer firm...and he has a size beer poep...he is just one of many...one of my customers is another example...he got a personal trainer to go to his house...dropped the fat...started looking well...now he weighs 140 kg and looks hectic...with all sorts of medical issues.

there are some people reading this post thinking...man i have also been there...we are just human and pumped on a daily basis with crap to eat and shyte to buy...fast food (junk food) outlets...you can even get the junk delivered to your property...try order a chicken salad ;)

however there is hope for all of us...just keep trying...dont loose focus no matter how little you loose or how much you put on...last year i put on 11 kg at one stage...then dropped it near the end of the year...the most important part of this weight loss challenge is not how much you can loose...its about making it a habit and eating healthy.

Strongs man! Just keep on keeping on. We will win this fight. Day by day.

Just over 3kg lost during Feb which equates to 800g loss per week which is sustainable and  right on target. Lost another notch on my belt and am into the Diesel jeans I bought 15 years ago.

Feb brought some nice rides, riding at least twice and otherwise 3 times a week. One long ride of 200km, one of around 85 and the rest 35km-40km.

Foodwise, I ate a good breakfast and fed my hunger at lunch and dinner, not big dinners but healthyish. 

Had a dop or two most nights and a few beers after weekend rides. Had the odd Magnum and chocolate. 

Not once did I feel as if I had deprived myself. 

My Cycling has improved in leaps and bounds as the weight has come off. Very happy with my progress.

Target for end March is 85kg. 

Okay, the missus and I will be in Gauteng on Saturday then :w00t:

Also super keen to turn meat on the grill again, I last braai'ed on the 14th of Jan.

I think our last braai was on the 3rd of Jan. It is bloody disguisting. We used to braai 5 nights a week. Not suip. Just cook on an open fire. Living in an apartment the size of our old lounge and having a balcony the size of my foot dies not help the situation either. We do however have some tikka places around that gril a good chicken. But it’s not the same.