Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

All I know is, I'm swimming in those size 36 denims, going to have to get them altered one of these days - I'm glad I kept two pairs of size 34's from a few years ago.

This is the best feeling in the world.  That day, you pull up those small jeans that were in the back of the closet, and they fit.  Best ever feeling...  Just sad that the newer jeans no longer fit.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit i have lost the track a little bit. Going in for a rotator cuff or something operation on Monday....work stress, my senior admin lady resigned , building an extra room with ensuite at the holiday home( long distance with a builder is no effen joke) actually threaten to bad mouth him at the owner of the house he is building now...AND IT WORKED WONDERS!!!) The scale protested yesterday when i got onto it. 106.8kg. Hopefully after the op i will feel better and get focussed again. Congrats to all the VASBYTERS/LOSERS out there!! Will follow this thread for insperation.

This is the best feeling in the world.  That day, you pull up those small jeans that were in the back of the closet, and they fit.  Best ever feeling...  Just sad that the newer jeans no longer fit.

I was a size 30 at one stage. I had the body for the Tour de France, although my fitness level was way off.

I must admit i have lost the track a little bit. Going in for a rotator cuff or something operation on Monday....work stress, my senior admin lady resigned , building an extra room with ensuite at the holiday home( long distance with a builder is no effen joke) actually threaten to bad mouth him at the owner of the house he is building now...AND IT WORKED WONDERS!!!) The scale protested yesterday when i got onto it. 106.8kg. Hopefully after the op i will feel better and get focussed again. Congrats to all the VASBYTERS/LOSERS out there!! Will follow this thread for insperation.

Hang in there, perhaps ask your doctor about options to deal with stress.

Lekker guys! Well done! 

At the gym I can feel that I'm getting stronger. I need to either up the weight or do more reps. Which is better or is it much of a muchness?

Increase the weight. Same reps. You want to get stronger, no?

Lekker guys! Well done! 

At the gym I can feel that I'm getting stronger. I need to either up the weight or do more reps. Which is better or is it much of a muchness?

Depends Arnie or Bruce?

If you want big muscles like the terminator.. increase the weights.

if you want to have slim, cut, toned muscle like Bruce Lee up the Reps

Hang in there, perhaps ask your doctor about options to deal with stress.

No, DO NOT ASK YOUR GP about stress & psychological issues (which stress is)

You must go to a psychiatrist. GP's do not know anything about that side of the spectrum, and they think Cilift is a one size fits all antidepressant. It's not, and the wrong meds (even for stress / anxiety) is a BAD thing. 

Make sure your life policies are sorted before you go, though. ANY anxiety / anti dep medication, and you have an exclusion for new cover for psychological conditions. 

Depends Arnie or Bruce?

If you want big muscles like the terminator.. increase the weights.

if you want to have slim, cut, toned muscle like Bruce Lee up the Reps

no. Arnie et al only get that big cs they eat over their requirements in addition to doping and lifting HUGE amounts. 

If you're limiting your intake, and eating at a deficit, you will not get yuuuuge. 

The "long muscle" thing is a myth. 

But in the end, both are beneficial, and can complement each other nicely. Me - I want to increase my strength, but I am happy with my LBM of 79kg. Will I get yuuuuge by lifting heavy ****? No. I'd have to eat above my maintenance calories, lift a KAAAAKLOAD more, juice up on HGH and test as well as several other anabolic things, and then it'd take years to even build a decent enough size difference. You do NOT get huge by lifting heavy. You have to do so many other things. 

Strength wins, IMO. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

hi there, so Feb was slow.  From 95.2kg to 94.9kg today.  Not great losses, but eating well and balanced, slowly increasing activity levels.  Not clocking as many km's as I would like, but time is a b#tch some days.  Hopefully I can continue with the discipline for the coming month.  Looking forward to get to 94kg (was actually the goal for Feb).  Keep it up (I mean get it down!).

hi there, so Feb was slow.  From 95.2kg to 94.9kg today.  Not great losses, but eating well and balanced, slowly increasing activity levels.  Not clocking as many km's as I would like, but time is a b#tch some days.  Hopefully I can continue with the discipline for the coming month.  Looking forward to get to 94kg (was actually the goal for Feb).  Keep it up (I mean get it down!).

Slowly down is better than slowly up, if it was easy no one would be overweight.

No, DO NOT ASK YOUR GP about stress & psychological issues (which stress is)

You must go to a psychiatrist. GP's do not know anything about that side of the spectrum, and they think Cilift is a one size fits all antidepressant. It's not, and the wrong meds (even for stress / anxiety) is a BAD thing. 

Make sure your life policies are sorted before you go, though. ANY anxiety / anti dep medication, and you have an exclusion for new cover for psychological conditions. 

Edit: I misread....last statement is still true

Psychiatrist or Physio? Understand now why a Psychiatrist

Probably, everybody who does some downhill needs a Psychiatrist ;-)

Edited by MTBJD

Feb was better than I had expected with weight down 1.6kg to 80.1Kg, Cholesterol back under control with all five readings exactly in the middle of the recommended envelope, PSA remains undetectable 5 years on (I can now declare a cure on that one), and best of all I no longer have an ED problem.

Feb was not as good as Jan, only 2.5kg down, and I am sure it will get even harder in the coming months with the last 10 or so kgs.

What went well
- No alcohol
- No diet, just eating better (no white starch, portion control)
- Introducing running early morning
- Continuing cycling with more intensity and distance
- Support at home with not buying junk and eating right
- Some exercise in the morning
- Significantly limited my sugar intake
- Significantly reduced caffeine (coffee and energy drinks)

What did not work well
- Serious flu bug towards the end of the month left me floored
- Lack of healthy options when buying lunch
- Birthdays and travels - sliding back into bad habits when not in familiar routine - hotel food etc

Edited by sidbwe