Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

The dates along the top are written the US way, so 2/1/2018 is 1st Feb and 3/1/2018 is 1st March. Update each month , not daily.

Thanks I was confused Thought it was daily

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just curious to know, is anybody thats taking part on this thread doing the Banting diet, or are you people just cutting out carbs , sugary and refined stuff? I am not full banting , is that maybe the way to go? I know there is a banting thread, it seems to be a bit quiet on there....

Hey Help.me, I'm doing full Banting , starting my second year of it. lost 33Kg last year

Hey Help.me, I'm doing full Banting , starting my second year of it. lost 33Kg last year

Wow that is unreal. Well Done

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Been debating on whether to take part or not, but I'm in!

I'm aiming to be under 70kg by the time the CTCT rolls around, if I can stay there until end of the year I'll be happy. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to get all the way down to 68kg but it's something to aim for   ^_^

Been debating on whether to take part or not, but I'm in!

I'm aiming to be under 70kg by the time the CTCT rolls around, if I can stay there until end of the year I'll be happy. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to get all the way down to 68kg but it's something to aim for ^_^

I was 67kg when I rode the Argus in 2012, how I got to 105kg at the end of 2014 gets me.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Braai'ing.... no more wors and lamb tjops for me on the braai, it'll be either fish or chicken, and maybe pork tjops with the fat cut off.

Braai'ing.... no more wors and lamb tjops for me on the braai, it'll be either fish or chicken, and maybe pork tjops with the fat cut off.

I think the last time I weighed in the sixties, I was in st.6 hehe. I just finished the left overs of last night's little beef tjoppie [emoji23]

I think the last time I weighed in the sixties, I was in st.6 hehe. I just finished the left overs of last night's little beef tjoppie [emoji23]

A bit healthier than last nights dinner. Medium boiled butt nuggets with chicken and salad.

e1392ea3b0e1aa63bde7b2e3d6d18929.jpg

Edited by HyruleWarrior80

A bit healthier than last nights dinner. Medium boiled butt nuggets with chicken and salad.

e1392ea3b0e1aa63bde7b2e3d6d18929.jpg

Nice bud I like the commitment. You gonna kick ass.

We did a 70 + km ride this morning through the fields and koppies around Bredel and Benoni AH . The going was tough because of the overgrown grass on the single track and we got lost a few times and had to track back through un ridden veld even sometimes venturing onto the farmers fields to be able to stay up right with some momentum for the climb ahead . By 9 the temperature in some valleys between the mealies was 36c . I punctured and set off on a safer route for home . It was a slow puncture and i could not find it so i stopped to pump 4 times in the last 20 km . The slime didnt help as it was a small thorn on the side wall . Plugged it when i ran the wheel in the pool while cooling off  :clap: .As you know i always weigh in on a Saturday and i was 101.6kg this morning . A bit behind my planned target but a little bit more discipline on meals and training and im well on my way again .  I see a lot of you have developed your own diet regime much like me , this i find easier because if you have a cheat you dont feel that bad because its not on the list of "donts " . Stick to what works for you and adjust as you get to know the wrong foods or drinks  for you . Below my breakfast one morning this week . Toasted rye bread , cheese , gherkins , onions and tomato with a cup of black tea ( been drinking black for 40 years ) 

post-111826-0-73125500-1515269786_thumb.jpg

Edited by FirstV8

I see a lot of you have developed your own diet regime much like me , this i find easier because if you have a cheat you dont feel that bad because its not on the list of "donts " . 

It's amazing how the mind works.

If you suddenly tell me I am not allowed something then I immediately want it. It doesn't matter if I haven't had it since I was 5, haha.

On a side note, I want to try some of the recipes from the book I mentioned on the previous page. Quite a few of them call for quinoa.

I bought a 500g bag in Jacksons Food Market in Kyalami Corner (for those in central Gauteng who know where it is) and it was R37. I went into the Checkers right underneath it afterwards and just happened to see the quinoa there, and literally the exact same size and brand was R134, and I see the same one is R119 on Takealot.

Checkers do however have some good prices on fresh sole at the moment (I'm having some for dinner today), it's R69.99/kg, and the yellowtail is almost always R59.99/kg. They also had 50% off on most of the bananas. (Buy a lot and make this, it's amazing: https://tiffanycromwell.cc/food/my-foodie-adventures-homemade-banana-bread/)

I'm sure I'm not the only one always on the hunt for a bargain...so let's share those shopping tips.

It's amazing how the mind works.

If you suddenly tell me I am not allowed something then I immediately want it. It doesn't matter if I haven't had it since I was 5, haha.

On a side note, I want to try some of the recipes from the book I mentioned on the previous page. Quite a few of them call for quinoa.

I bought a 500g bag in Jacksons Food Market in Kyalami Corner (for those in central Gauteng who know where it is) and it was R37. I went into the Checkers right underneath it afterwards and just happened to see the quinoa there, and literally the exact same size and brand was R134, and I see the same one is R119 on Takealot.

Checkers do however have some good prices on fresh sole at the moment (I'm having some for dinner today), it's R69.99/kg, and the yellowtail is almost always R59.99/kg. They also had 50% off on most of the bananas. (Buy a lot and make this, it's amazing: https://tiffanycromwell.cc/food/my-foodie-adventures-homemade-banana-bread/)

I'm sure I'm not the only one always on the hunt for a bargain...so let's share those shopping tips.

Yip im always up for a bargain . Fish has become more affordable than meat nowadays . Sharing is caring . We go weekly to The Rebel Farmers Store in Benoni and buy our veg and fruit there . They have daily specials so you need to be selective , it also means that you never end up with the same basket of foods . 

Man i just stuffed up my whole plan last night. Was tracking nicely on MFP, then got invited to an unplanned braai. Few pieces of droë wors, a few drinks and a huge steak to seal my pie hole...when i entered the data this morning MFP "informed" me that every day like yesterday and in 5 weeks i will weigh in at 115kg. Back to the drawing board today. Starting of with a spin session on T.Road....it takes hard work and dedication to see this weight thing through. ( maybe just water for the rest of the day and we are having a farewell braai for my daughter leaving for Potc...

Man i just stuffed up my whole plan last night. Was tracking nicely on MFP, then got invited to an unplanned braai. Few pieces of droë wors, a few drinks and a huge steak to seal my pie hole...when i entered the data this morning MFP "informed" me that every day like yesterday and in 5 weeks i will weigh in at 115kg. Back to the drawing board today. Starting of with a spin session on T.Road....it takes hard work and dedication to see this weight thing through. ( maybe just water for the rest of the day and we are having a farewell braai for my daughter leaving for Potc...

We're all going to slip at some point.

One bad day doesn't mean you're stuck eating that way forever.

I think the most important part is to be honest with yourself.

Logging a good day isn't that big a deal, logging that horrible day and seeing what you truly consumed is an eye opener.