Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

Here's a question. How often do you guys/gals weigh yourself. Everyday for motivation or do you stay away from the scale for a whole week etc?

Every morning, first thing since we started this.

I only update the weight in MyFitnessPal every few days though.

Don't want to go insane with the numbers... :P

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every morning, first thing since we started this.

I only update the weight in MyFitnessPal every few days though.

Don't want to go insane with the numbers... [emoji14]

Same for me...very morning before the 60 seconds shower.

(Although I have been guilty of hopping on the scale a few more times a day...lightest was straight after a 2 hour ride yesterday...more hydration probably needed).

I also hop the scale at the gym once a week.

But I’m going to only update MFP once a week, probably Sunday morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by GmtbR

One thing that really helps me keep sane is the "Rule of One"

If you're going to have a bad meal, only have one. Make sure the next meals are healthy.

You should only have one late night.

You should only skip one workout.

It allows a little bit of lee-way, but makes sure that the good habits stay in place by making sure that the "bad habits" are minimized. Aim at getting things right 90% of the time, but no one is perfect. The 10% might slow down progress fractionally, but we all have lives to live and enjoy :)

Love this - stolen this - thanks

Here's a question. How often do you guys/gals weigh yourself. Everyday for motivation or do you stay away from the scale for a whole week etc?

Every morning first thing. Down 4.2 It’s so far since 01/01, but I suspect that has something to do with the volume of beer and junk that I consumed over the Xmas period

Every morning first thing. Down 4.2 It’s so far since 01/01, but I suspect that has something to do with the volume of beer and junk that I consumed over the Xmas period

Bliksem well done so far

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Bliksem well done so far

Thanks. I always seem to have a massive drop in week 1 which then slows quickly thereafter.

My also extremely “hungry” since my decision to try and get ride of some fat.

Drink lots of water in between meals, it helps with reducing your appetite. Coffee also helps, but without sugar.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

It'll be an hour of this for me tomorrow night. Going to incorporate Tae Bo as an extra exercise for between running days.

3d44eedd59590f61f32465dba343a85d.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Eventually got sick of waiting for the weather to clear, and just went for it. Conditions turned out to be perfect. 2:15 of LSD. Goal was to stay now 150bpm, but I failed. Quickly changed to keeping it below 160bpm with reversion to 150 ASAP if it went over 150.

Staying below 150 is bloody difficult.

https://instagram.com/p/Bdp-WWVjWih/

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Eventually got sick of waiting for the weather to clear, and just went for it. Conditions turned out to be perfect. 2:15 of LSD. Goal was to stay now 150bpm, but I failed. Quickly changed to keeping it below 160bpm with reversion to 150 ASAP if it went over 150.

Staying below 150 is bloody difficult.

https://instagram.com/p/Bdp-WWVjWih/

How much weight would you lose if you lost the beard?

How much weight would you lose if you lost the beard?

Far more than the grams on the scale. All my self respect and dignity, not to mention the souls it's captured so far....

I've cut it twice (both times for the ex) and both times I've regretted it immediately.

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Feedback after week 1. Down 2.3 kg. OK I know most is probably water, but at least the weight is not going up any more. I am not really dieting at the moment, just eating much more healthy. Since 31 December I cut the following completely from my diet: No bread, rusks, biscuits, pasta, potatoes etc. What I am most chuffed about is that I haven't had a drop of alcohol since 31 December! Must say, it was quite tough Friday and Saturday evening! My wife and son were having a small sundowner with our braai, but I stood strong. Will be trying to stay dry for at least the whole of January. I will be focussing on meat, fish, poultry, dairy, eggs, veggies and fruit.

Started riding the MTB around the farm again. After two and a half years of not following a regular and constructive exercise regime, it was quite hard work and also quite humiliating.  :blush:  What used to be, while I was very healthy and fit, my hour time trial route on the farm has now become my long ride! :blush:

Goals for the rest of the month:

1. Stay off the booze and bread and stuff and slowly shrinking my appetite by getting accustomed to smaller portions. 

2. Patiently  get my nether regions accustomed to my trusty Fizik Gobi saddle again, by cycling at least 4 times per week, with 1 or 2 slightly longer rides included.

3. Staying as positive and motivated as I have been in week 1.

Good luck to all!

PS

How long does it take for a new resolution to become engrained as a habit? Some say 21 days, some say 60.

Wow, what a first week of 2018. I have done reasonably well with the eating, and the drinking is also very limited. I upped the training, and it feels like I have done more this first week of 2018 than the last 6 months of 2017. Really pumped and motivated. Home alone this week, the wiff and kiddos are on holiday, so have got a bit more time for training. My bum is eina but I am sure will be getting better on the saddle this week. Good luck to all.